blank pages

Did I read somewhere that there's a limited number of blank pages allowed? If so, is that blank on both sides or one side?

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Here is the checklist for interior formatting.

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Interior-Formatting/Editing-Checklist-for-Books/ta-p/31395

I don't remember there being a limit to blank pages.  Up to four is fine. Anything more and this buyer will feel ripped off. You need a minimum of one at the end of the book, and your page count must be divisible by four. But -- I never worry about this. The printer just adds extra pages if necessary.

A citizen of the world.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

I generally add two blank protection pages (one leaf) at the beginning and at the end of my books to match the professional quality of Lulu printers' products.

• The blank page limit is imposed by the Amazon QA team.

From the Mandatory Print Book Distribution Requirements:

"There should be no more than two (2) consecutive blank pages at the start or middle of an interior file, and/or 10 consecutive blank pages at the end of an interior file. For readers, excessive blank pages can be mistaken for missing or unprinted text. If you wish to use blank pages, you must indicate that the page is intended to be blank. For example, you may use lines running across the page to signify a place for writing or note taking or use a header stating the page is for “Notes” or was “Intentionally Left Blank."

Two blank pages = front + back

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Glenn, all my books open on two blank pages (one leaf), and they are distributed by Amazon.