Gears continue to spin making print-ready file

I am not a newbie. I've been with Lulu since 2004 and have over 30 books in my spotlight. Not bragging ... because I need help.

I am stuck at the place where Lulu is busy trying to make my print-ready file. I don't recall ever having this problem before. Making the PDF file is usually a quick process ... no more than a few mintues. An easy wait. 

Does anyone know: Is the Lulu system down for repair?

Thanks in advance ... from an oldtimer!!

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Perhaps. Monday morning Lulu staff will be able to look into it as Lulu offices are closed on weekends.

In the meantime, try a stronger connection -- the library for example.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks ... yes, I realize the Lulu office is closed today. Just thought that others might be having a similar problem.

BTW what do you mean "the library" as a stronger connection? Haha, do you mean literally: Go to a library?

• me too I am having the same problem, but it is good to see that someone else is having the same

problem I was scared for a second whew , so hopefully it will be back up and running soon

• potetjppotetjp Professor

I had the same problem a moment ago, so I let the wheels turn, and now my book is finished.

Blagues-2015-10-29-A-e_edited-3.jpg 

• Maybe I was impatient ... how long did you wait for your result? After 30 minutes I quit waiting.

Hmm ... I'll go try again. See you later with good news (I hope).  Smiley Happy

• For what it's worth, I was publishing an e-book late yesterday afternoon and the gears were sluggishly griding at about the 60% mark. I canceled, waited a minute or two, then tried again and it uploaded fine, but it took a couple of minutes. 

josephbabinsky a écrit :

Maybe I was impatient ... how long did you wait for your result? After 30 minutes I quit waiting.

Hmm ... I'll go try again. See you later with good news (I hope).  Smiley Happy

Perhaps more than 30 minutes. I was watching television.

• I'm happy to hear the success of others using the program to make ma print-ready file ... BUT

I have no success yet. I allowing it to work for another 20 minutes (while I do other things). Then I'll cancel, and try again. It's worked many times in the past for me, so I will not give up.

Surprisingly, I'm in a happy place. Being angry or upset never helps.

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Yes, Joseph. Go to the library. A real one.

A citizen of the world.

• hi folks

Im having the same problem. Usually it would take twenty seconds to upload for a print version.  now the gears are just spinning for a long period of time. must be a bug in the system.   

i will give it one last go and then wait till tommorrow.  (not in any rush or anything)

• Yes, Yes and yeah!!!

After HOURS of trying, trying and trying again, I was finally able to finish the upload of a new preview edition of my book. This is not yet available to the public.

It feels good to be done with this phase. Now the really hard work begins: Edit and changes. But there's nothing like looking at a copy of the book in hand to see the progress.

Feeling good.

• Mine just took about 5 minutes or so to finish converting. Server could be busy or lots of traffic on the site.

There is an announcement this morning in the French forum that Lulu's servers had problems yesterday, March 13.

• Hi all,

I just got in this morning and learned we were having some issues with our converter running slow over the weekend. If your file didn't convert, you should be able to go in and try again without any problem now.

If you do still have a problem converting, I'd open up a support ticket and someone here will have a look at it for you.