Track Downloads

Hi, I'm new to this whole self publishing thing and I recently published a book, both in ebook and print version. I can see my ebook on Amazon, iBooks, etc and my print book is available on Amazon but somehow on Lulu it says "private access" so I'm all sorts of confused. 

Most importantly, I've signed for all the author pages but I have no clue how to see how many times my ebook has been downloaded. The ebook is free so I'm not looking to check on revenue. I just have seen other authors say things like, "My book has been downladed ### times," and I'm like how did you find out? 

My Amazon Author Central Page shows ranking. My Goodreads author dashboard shows how many people added it. And iBooks...I just signed up for iTunes Connect today and it's asking me to upload my book but the problem is my book is already in the iBooks store through Lulu lol. 

So yeah...can anyone help me out please? Thanks. 

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

If you've made your book private, it will be remain private until you have turned it into a distributable book with an ISBN.

The best is to start again your project from scratch. Use the text file on your computer, Add the free Lulu ISBN to your copyright page before your upload the final version to Lulu.

• Thanks for the quick response. I didn't set it on private, it's been set to distribute...when I click on where it says private access, it just says something like "you have submitted to Global Reach." 

• potetjppotetjp Professor

derekryans a écrit :

Thanks for the quick response. I didn't set it on private, it's been set to distribute...when I click on where it says private access, it just says something like "you have submitted to Global Reach." 

In that case, your printed book will be advertized by Amazon, etc. within 8 weeks.  Smiley Happy

• Hello Derek

Your print book is in Private Access. Click on the title on the My Project page, scroll down to the Availability section and change it to General Access if you want it to be available for purchase in the Lulu bookstore.

You can view download information from the My Revenue page.

Hope this answers your questions.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I've signed for all the author pages

What does that mean?