Who would be the author for a poetry anthology?

I am putting together a poetry anthology that I plan to publish soon. It has a few of my own poems and then poems of my friends and other poets. Who do I put as the author of the book? Would that be me? Or should I say my name and then add 'and various poets' after it? This is my first anthology that I am publishing so not sure how it works in terms of author...  

Comments

• lovebuglena a écrit :

I am putting together a poetry anthology that I plan to publish soon. It has a few of my own poems and then poems of my friends and other poets. Who do I put as the author of the book? Would that be me? Or should I say my name and then add 'and various poets' after it? This is my first anthology that I am publishing so not sure how it works in terms of author...  

You are the editor of the book, so your book should be under your name.  You can add "ed." after your name to make things clear, e.g. "Joan Tartempion, ed."

You should also write the foreword.

Unless you already have sorted the poems by themes, you'd better sort them by authors' surnames (whether actual or pen-names)

Add an alphabetical list of the authors at the end with a very brief biography for each, e.g. "SATIS, Marmeduke, b. 1968, Paris, Texas, dentist".