margins

Hi, Im using the lulu 6x9 template, and aside from the fact i have made a dozen revisions, somehow my latest is a bit off on the margins.  the top and bottom margins are ok, and the even pages on the left appear to be ok as well.  however, the odd pages on the right are printing a "shy" too close to the outside edge.  I have messed with the margins a bit, but im afraid i will domino into some other problem if i change them.  Could you give me the MS word margin settings?  the book is some 147 pages if that makes any difference.  I'm using times new roman font, 12 type and just need to move the whole of the text over to the left maybe 2 letters.  my current settings, if they matter are...t.6, b.6, i.5, o,5, g.3, gleft, mirror.

thanks,

Comments

• Hi, Im using the lulu 6x9 template, and aside from the fact i have made a dozen revisions, somehow my latest is a bit off on the margins.  the top and bottom margins are ok, and the even pages on the left appear to be ok as well.  however, the odd pages on the right are printing a "shy" too close to the outside edge.  I have messed with the margins a bit, but im afraid i will domino into some other problem if i change them.  Could you give me the MS word margin settings?  the book is some 147 pages if that makes any difference.  I'm using times new roman font, 12 type and just need to move the whole of the text over to the left maybe 2 letters.  my current settings, if they matter are...t.6, b.6, i.5, o,5, g.3, gleft, mirror.

Adjusting margins will of course move the content around, and little can be done about that, one just has to readjust the text etc.

Trimming can be a bit random so I tend to make my margins over-large to allow for it.

These are mine >> all sides 0.7 inch.

Gutter >> 0.18 inch > Left.

Multiple Pages > Normal.

(Section Start >> Odd Page)

Headers and Footers are set in another option section, but control how far they are from the top and bottom edge, outside of the margins, but reducing the margin top and bottom.

• Minimum for distribution is .5. I recommend a .1 gutter for 147 pages.

You can increase the margin to .6 or .7 is you want a higher page count.

A citizen of the world.

• POD paperbacks in particular (not so much hardbacked) use a glue binding that holds around 0.25" of the edge of the bound side of every page. So I use a gutter so that the margins become central on the page. In theory!