Clicked 'Revise'--help!

Greetings. Wish I'd skimmed through this forum before I just clicked on 'revise'. All I wanted to do was change a chapter title. Now it says my project is under revision, but there's no *way* I'm going to try and mess with all the art work again (it's a hardcover, with flaps.) Is the book still available to people even though it tells *me* it's 'under revision'? That seems to be the case but I'm just not sure. Will it say anything about it to potential buyers?

I think what I should have done is just re-upload a new file under the same project, right? Am not going to touch anything until I get some feedback here.

Thank you for your time. :-)

--Marc

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Greetings. Wish I'd skimmed through this forum before I just clicked on 'revise'. All I wanted to do was change a chapter title. Now it says my project is under revision, but there's no *way* I'm going to try and mess with all the art work again (it's a hardcover, with flaps.)

Unfortunately the Wizard has no idea what you have changed, so you have to go all the way back through it, but for anything you have not changed just keep clicking Continue.

Is the book still available to people even though it tells *me* it's 'under revision'? That seems to be the case but I'm just not sure.

Yes it is. In fact if you have an ISBN the book's listing everywhere will not be updated until you have bought and Approved  a Proof, and it takes up to 8 weeks to update on places like Amazon, but almost right away on your Lulu Spotlight.

Will it say anything about it to potential buyers?

No.

I think what I should have done is just re-upload a new file under the same project, right?

Well now you have started a Revision, that is the Project Revise you have to complete, and once you have the listed Revision will vanish and the original Project be updated. (BTW, don't forget to delete the file you wish to replace or it will merge old and new together.)

Am not going to touch anything until I get some feedback here.

A shame more are not like you  Smiley Happy

• Okay, so you revised, you erased the old manuscript, you uploaded a new manuscript with a revised chapter title, and ... now you click through the rest, making no changes, and if it's in distribution, you buy a proof and approve it. Done. Easy peasy.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Never try to tinker with any file on Lulu. Edit the file on your computer. Convert it into PDF. Erase the old file on Lulu. Upload your corrected file. Approve, and wait a few seconds until Lulu has created the print-ready file.  Smiley Happy

Hossbach a écrit :

but there's no *way* I'm going to try and mess with all the art work again (it's a hardcover, with flaps)

Just go through the cover-creating stage by approving everything without changing anything.

Hossbach a écrit :

Will it say anything about it to potential buyers?

Unless this is the second edition of your book, that could be compared with your first edition, I just don't see how potential buyers could be aware that you have revised your book.

• Thank you good sir! Much appreciated. :-)
  • Thank you! Just one small problem I hadn't thought to mention: before I clicked 'revise,' I'd just purchased a proof copy. My understanding, based on what I've gathered so far, is that I should (a.) wait for my proof copy to arrive; (b.) order another proof (due to my having clicked 'revise'); (c.) cancel the 2nd proof after ordering it (being my change will be only one word from the first proof, unless; (d.) depending on what corrections may be in order after having examined the first proof; leaving a still really big question of (e.) what do I tell the first proof, re, 'approve,' or 'revise'--or will thatno longer be in play, seeing this choice will be presented to me at that point only for a second proof?

Perhaps I should post this as a separate question, but I hope I'm making it more complicated than it is.

Thanks again for your help!

--Marc Cohen

• You need to order another proof copy after every revision.

You'll want to see your book with the changes so go ahead and order a proof again.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks. :-)

Was trying to avoid the expense; but, sometimes, you've just gotta buy a black hen without haggling.
    Indeed LOL
  • I suggest you wait for the first proof copy to arrive.

There may be other things you will want to change once you have the physical book in your hands.

Once all the changes are added to the revision, you can order the final proof copy and get your book into distribution.

• Kevin, excellent response.

I have been an author for quite sometime and feel like the wizard is an old friend.