a major concern

I'm about to print a book. However it's sentimental to my friends and I. It's something we made during high school and I recently found the old script notes. I'm wanting them all in a hardcover book for my friends. However it's way out of line in some of the content. Which is why I'm only making it available to me and I'll just pay for other copies. My question is this, will lulu read my pages as their printing them? I really would rather they didn't. It was meant for a group of us guys just making dumb stuff up and I don't want that out in the public now that I'm a well respected business man.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I'm about to print a book. However it's sentimental to my friends and I. It's something we made during high school and I recently found the old script notes. I'm wanting them all in a hardcover book for my friends.

Set the Project to Direct, then only those you give the URL to can get it. (No ISBN in other words.)

However it's way out of line in some of the content.

Take a look at Page Breaks and New Sections.

Which is why I'm only making it available to me and I'll just pay for other copies.

Set it to Private then, so only you can buy it, but all the same, will it not be the same people who will end up reading the flawed layout?

My question is this, will lulu read my pages as their printing them?

No. It would require 10000s of staff to allow them to do that.  Smiley HappyLulu do not in fact print them, they are contracted to a printer as close to your address as possible, it's all automatic and they don't even look to see if the books are created correctly. Most are though.

• However it's way out of line in some of the content.

Take a look at Page Breaks and New Sections.

I think he means that some of it is off-color or insulting to certain people.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

Devincomeaux a écrit :
    However it's way out of line in some of the content. [...] My question is this, will lulu read my pages as their printing them? I really would rather they didn't.

Don't fret. So long as you keep your book private, I don't see who else but you would read it. Profanities, weird sexual experiences, political resistance to New World Order minions, anything out of line. will remain secrets because Lulu's computer only scans files to detect technical faults. This holds true for any kind of private book.

Conversely, if you make your book public, you'll have to tick the graphic-sexual-content box in the book description.

In this forum, Lulu automatically replaces profanities by ***, as happened to me the other day with "you damn ***" in my skit posted in the thread "Writer's challenge #1". Besides, everything you write in this forum can be found out by the Google search engine. You've been warned. Smiley Happy