getting MS Word read to upload (i.e., changing my manuscript to 6x9 format; make print ready?

I have tried several times to upload various versions of my manuscript with success uploading however, when uploaded there are a couple of blank pages. Also, it is difficult to transition from MS Word to the distribution format. The MS Word format looks great but making the transistion to lulu format is challenging. Could someone offer tips for overcoming this that I might make my project distribution ready?

Comments

• potetjppotetjp Professor

By WordPerfect. WP is the best word processor on the market.

•  

Millions have used Microsoft Word to format their books for print with exceptional results. So, you can do it too. Look up Glenn's Formatting Tutorials in Knowledgebase. You can also YouTube formatting tips.

If you have any specific questions, you can come back here and ask.

Good luck.

A citizen of the world.

• Hello Pavis1

If you have unwanted extra blank pages, check for these settings:

1) Do you have headings set to insert a blank page before a heading 1 style?

2) Turn on "Show nonprinting characters" so that you can see if you have inserted multiple page breaks.

3) With "Show nonprinting characters" turn on, do you have any section breaks that are set to "next odd page" or "next even page?"

Let us know if any of the above turn our to be the case.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I have tried several times to upload various versions of my manuscript with success uploading however, when uploaded there are a couple of blank pages. Also, it is difficult to transition from MS Word to the distribution format. The MS Word format looks great but making the transistion to lulu format is challenging. Could someone offer tips for overcoming this that I might make my project distribution ready?

I am not sure what you mean. It's not Lulu's formatting, for Distribution or otherwise, but how all books are formatted. No matter what software one uses one has to learn how to use it. MS Word has a lot of guides built in.

Unexpected blank pages can be caused by using multiple carriage returns instead of New Page (or New Section.)