Can't include pictures

Hello,  I am new here - trying to publish my mom's memoirs.  I scanned old pictures and inserted into Word document but I am getting formatting error that suggests to remove text boxes.  Tried to remove all captions but still cannot get pictures in .  How do I do that?  Thank you

Comments

• Images

Blurry images are one of the most common rejection reasons from our retail distribution partners. If your document contains images, you may need to make a few adjustments in order for them to convert properly. We accept the most commonly used image formats: JPG, GIF, and PNG.

Images require a delicate balancing act since your image must have a resolution high enough to be clear and crisp, but not so high that it is too large. Try to keep the resolution on your images between 96 - 150 DPI. You will also want to keep your image size around 500 x 500 pixels or less. You can adjust image resolution and DPI in any image-editing program.

NOTE: Some retail distribution outlets do not accept images above 2 million pixels. To prevent rejection, we suggest you make adjustments to images prior to conversion to EPUB format.

To add an image to your manuscript:

1. Place your cursor in the location at which you would like your image to appear.
    2. From the toolbar, click Insert > Picture. Be sure you are inserting the image, not linking to it.
    3. The selected image displays in the cursor location.
    4. Click on the image and select Format Image.
    5. Choose the In line with text option.
    6. Click Save.
    7. Click on the image and click Center in the toolbar.

NOTE: The Lulu EPUB Converter automatically formats images as centered, in line with text regardless of the settings you apply prior to conversion.

If you want images with captions then add the words to the image before you place it in Word.

• Thank you, professor, I will try again.  One more question - for PDF format it does not matter, right?  Images can be in any place and not in line or not?

• Hello Mashako

If you received an error message about text boxes, here is a trick to find and removme them from your manuscript:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/eBook-Formatting-Publishing/Find-and-Remove-Text-Boxes-from-Your-Manuscript/ta-p/209247

Give it a try. There is likely something you can't see lurking somewhere among the paragraphs and images.

• MashaKo a écrit :

Hello,  I am new here - trying to publish my mom's memoirs.  I scanned old pictures and inserted into Word document but I am getting formatting error that suggests to remove text boxes.  Tried to remove all captions but still cannot get pictures in .  How do I do that?  Thank you

Why are your pictures in text boxes? I use WordPerfect. I embed my pictures where I want, and add the captions once they are embedded. When I have a look at the codes, each picture is a graphic box.

• I think the OP has used textboxes to caption the pictures.

• for PDF format it does not matter, right?  Images can be in any place and not in line or not?

The file you create for a PDF ebook is exactly the same as one for a printed book, but you don't really need a TOC in PDF ebooks.