Coupon SUPERGIVER does not work?

I tried to order three paperback books using the SUPERGIVER coupon that is supposed to give me 40% off on all print books. To make sure that the code was correct I copied it from the email. Even so I was told that the coupon did not apply to the items in my cart.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there any way to solve it?

I tried to ask the support team but their automated reply said "We look forward to helping you with an email response in 2 to 4 business days." By then I wont have much use of their answer since the coupon is only valid today.

Comments

• Ok, I got an answer from lulu support:

Thank you for contacting Lulu Support.

I'm sorry that you are not able to apply the code SUPERGIVER to your cart. This offer is valid on self-purchases only, as specified in our promotional email and our home page.

You can use the code SATSAVERS tomorrow to receive 30% off print books and calendars. This will not be restricted to self-purchases.

I hope that I was able to help you. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please, feel free to reply to this email.

• What the heck is a "self-purchase" unless it means buying for yourself?

• Oh my gosh....that is so lame. Whatever. I feel like a complete idiot for posting this code so people could save some money. "Self Purchase"? What the hell does that mean? I'm going to buy my own product that I already own? Come on. 

• Well yes, many people do buy their own books so they can sell their own books themselves because even without the discount they can buy at Cost when logged in to their own account.