How do i remove "Enter" from Word

Hi everyone.

I wonder how do i separate paragraphs on my word document - i have pressed "Enter", is it ok for Epub Lulu.com conversor ?

It seems to me that there is no space between phrases - do i have to edit the styles (normal and headings 1,2,3) to achieve this ?

Thanks !

francisco

Comments

• Hi everyone.

I wonder how do i separate paragraphs on my word document - i have pressed "Enter", is it ok for Epub Lulu.com conversor ?

Yes.

It seems to me that there is no space between phrases - do i have to edit the styles (normal and headings 1,2,3) to achieve this ?

Not for an ePub. Not to create extra spacing anyway. You can set up the Normal Style as you want it. Font, Justify, First Line Indent and whatnot, but no need for extra space between paragraphs.

Heading Style 1, 2, 3 are for the creation of a TOC.

Thanks !

• It is always best to define spacing by editing the style rather than pressing Enter as this can result in unexpected results when converting your word document to an epub.

Select a Style e.g. normal,

Click on Styles (the tiny icon under Change Styles)

Click on Manage Styles then the Modify button about halfway down the frame

Click on Format and then click on Paragraph where you can set the spacing and also indent the first line of each new paragraph if you want.

• Thanks for the answer.

But when i click on the "hidden characters" on Word, that symbol appears:

. on the blank spaces between paragraphs

and

. after all paragraphs

My question is this:

Of course blank spaces will be removed on Lulu ePub converter, but... will the same happen to each end of paragraph, and the text will then all be together ? Because this way it will be impossible to read !

Thanks,

francisco

• Francisco

I have given you a definitive answer. Use Styles to define paragraph spacing

and you will not have any problems. I use it all the time and my paragraphs

do not run into each other, as I have seen happen with some ebooks on Lulu.

• Thanks for the answer.

Indeed we both gave you the answer yo need.

But when i click on the "hidden characters" on Word, that symbol appears:

It will appear after every carriage return (Enter) even when you create a new line. That's all the symbol means.

. on the blank spaces between paragraphs

and

. after all paragraphs

My question is this:

Of course blank spaces will be removed on Lulu ePub converter, but... will the same happen to each end of paragraph, and the text will then all be together ? Because this way it will be impossible to read !

In ePubs it is almost always all together (and even in some printed books), it does not make it too hard to read. Don't worry about it. Remove all extra spacing. If it worries you that much you can use the settings in Normal to add a slight extra space after a paragraph.

http://www.mediacollege.com/microsoft/word/paragraph.html