setting up holiday sale on other distributor?

I would like to run a sale of my ebook on Kindle over the holidays. However, the only way I know to do this with Lulu is to put a discount on my Project page and this change takes several weeks to get onto Amazon, correct? As well, I believe the sale would go onto all other distributors' sites, which I don't want. Is there some way I can create a sale directly through Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I would like to run a sale of my ebook on Kindle over the holidays.

You have little or no control over the prices set at any site that Lulu distribute to., apart from the price you set at Lulu, which all other sites add their mark-up to.

However, the only way I know to do this with Lulu is to put a discount on my Project page and this change takes several weeks to get onto Amazon, correct?

No. That Discount tool only works on Lulu Spotlights. All other sites still use the non-Discounted price. (You are right about changes though, they will take weeks to filter through to other sites.)

As well, I believe the sale would go onto all other distributors' sites, which I don't want.

Don't worry, it does not go beyond Lulu's Spotlights, unless you literally reduce the price without using the Discount tool.

Is there some way I can create a sale directly through Amazon?

Yes. Publish directly to Amazon   Smiley Happy

• Thank you! I will consider doing a holiday sale on Lulu instead. Smiley Happy