Inconsistent book trim sizes

Recently I printed a second proof of my 8.5"x11" book after making a small edit.  The original proof was 8.5"x11" which looked good on the inteior, nothing was trimmed out.  The second proof is 5/16" narrower.  I downloaded the LuLu template, and kept everything inside the "live area".  

How do I know that this will not happen again in the future?

Comments

• You should create a support case and include some digital images for us to review. Go to "Support > My Orders > I Purchased a Book or Calendar > Defective, Damaged or Incorrect Order" 

The link "Providing Digital Defect Images" has instructions on sending images, then you can click "I Still Need Help" and attach the images, include the order number, and a brief description of the problem, and we'll take a look at it.

• Thanks, I'll do that.

• It's not really that unusual, and to be honest, Lulu not making the books means they have little genuine control over the machines. Lulu can moan at the POD companies, then after a few months they start doing the same thing again!

Some years ago to get over that problem I increased the size of my margins.

One further problem is that you only see the books you buy yourself. You do not see the books bought by other people made by other companies.

• Yeah! You got that right.

kevinlomas wrote:

It's not really that unusual, and to be honest, Lulu not making the books means they have little genuine control over the machines. Lulu can moan at the POD companies, then after a few months they start doing the same thing again!

Some years ago to get over that problem I increased the size of my margins.

One further problem is that you only see the books you buy yourself. You do not see the books bought by other people made by other companies.