Trim sizes and Royalties for Print on Demand distribution

I'm interested in printing a children's book for print on demand distrubution. I have two questions:

1.  I see that "only certain trim sizes" can be distrubuted through your print on demand program, but I can't find anywhere what those trim sizes are. My book has to be landscape-oriented and hard cover with a full color interior, but I will set the trim to whatever is availble. Could someone let me know what trims are available? 

2. Once I determine specs, is there a royalty calculator anywhere to assist me in setting my retail price? Whether or not I go forward with the project hinges on whether the cost to produce it is less than the retail price of the book.

Thank you!

Comments

• When you are on the book builder page, select the premium paperback or hardcover product lines. The trim sizes highlighted with the green check mark qualify for distribution.

The royalty calculator is included in the book publishing wizard.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I'm interested in printing a children's book for print on demand distrubution. I have two questions:

1.  I see that "only certain trim sizes" can be distrubuted through your print on demand program, but I can't find anywhere what those trim sizes are. My book has to be landscape-oriented and hard cover with a full color interior, but I will set the trim to whatever is availble. Could someone let me know what trims are available? 

Glen is of course correct, but you are wanting to select what will be an expensive book via POD. Could I suggest you at least start with paperbacked? Full colour pages are also expensive, but the only alternative is B&W.

2. Once I determine specs, is there a royalty calculator anywhere to assist me in setting my retail price? Whether or not I go forward with the project hinges on whether the cost to produce it is less than the retail price of the book.

Hrmm. The retail price of anything is Cost + Added Profit. There's a Cost calculator on the Create page, but towards the end of a Project Wizard is where you can add the Profit (Royalties) to that Cost. But then retailers such as Amazon can sell for whatever price they see fit. So, the initial retail price is up to you once Cost is taken in to account, not really the other way around.

Thank you!