Graphics with transparent backgrounds

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm still a little clueless. Please bear with me.

My word document contains a graphic with a transparent background, could this pose a problem with printing? When I uploaded my manuscript, Lulu told me that they had to flatten the transparencies in my document, does that mean that everything is okay now, or do I need to do something else?

(I'm not sure if "flattening transparencies is the correct term, I'm using Lulu in another language, so I don't know what exactly it says in English.)

Comments

• Hello Like2ships

If you received the message that transparencies were flattened, you can proceed. Make sure you carefully review the print-ready file to ensure the image appears you intend.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It can often be best if you start off with file types where the white does not denote transparency, such as jpgs.

• The layers of a compound picture have to be flattened into a single one for the picture to be usable in printing and / or embedded in a text. If you have Photoshop, you'll see that flattening is suggested as soon as the picture is finished and you want to save it.