We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Graphics with transparent backgrounds

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm still a little clueless. Please bear with me.

My word document contains a graphic with a transparent background, could this pose a problem with printing? When I uploaded my manuscript, Lulu told me that they had to flatten the transparencies in my document, does that mean that everything is okay now, or do I need to do something else?

(I'm not sure if "flattening transparencies is the correct term, I'm using Lulu in another language, so I don't know what exactly it says in English.)

Comments

• Hello Like2ships

If you received the message that transparencies were flattened, you can proceed. Make sure you carefully review the print-ready file to ensure the image appears you intend.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It can often be best if you start off with file types where the white does not denote transparency, such as jpgs.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile
    The layers of a compound picture have to be flattened into a single one for the picture to be usable in printing and / or embedded in a text. If you have Photoshop, you'll see that flattening is suggested as soon as the picture is finished and you want to save it.