Formatting

Hello,

I am self publishing my first book and I'm struggling with the formatting specifics. I just have a few questions:

1. What is the best font size and style for a 6x9 fiction book? I am currently using Times New Roman on size 12. 

2. My novel is written in sections, each section taking place in the POV of one of my main two characters. I would like a page in the middle separating the sections that has the name of the POV and the time it takes place (I read Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave  and The Infinite Sea and he changed characters and time periods without specifying, and at times it was difficult to know the POV and time period until half way through that section). I was just wondering if I should change how I'm doing that. At this point, I have that page starting on the next odd page after the previous section, and then the first chapter starting on the next odd page. I was given the advice to do this by a fellow indie author, but in my mind that just looks weird. 

3. How do you make chapters start in the middle of a page in MW? I was told to do this as well by a fellow indie author, and think it would make the interior appear much more professional. I'm not sure how to do this.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

--L. Mitchell

Comments