How can I sell my book at a cheaper price on Amazon please

Can you tell me how I reduce the price of my book please.  It is on Amazon and is set at a high price and I want to reduce to obtain more sales please.  Any help appreciated.  Only just published and new to this site

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Hello,

--You can reduce your royalty.

--You can publish in a bigger format - say, 6x9 or 7.44 x9.69

--You can reduce the font size and spacing so as to have fewer pages,

or

--You can publish an ebook and make the price $2.99 -- that way people who are on a budget can choose to buy the ebook version.

A citizen of the world.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Retailers can add whatever they wish to the price of books, but as Maggie says, if you want it to be as cheap as possible on other sites than don't add a lot to it. It's best to make 50c on 100 book sales than $5 on one sale.

But I have no doubt people will argue with me about that ...

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

If it's a novel, sell it as cheap as possible because this sort of book is supposed to target a large popular readership.

If it's a didactic publication, that only a few copies will be bought, sell it at twice the cost if you want to make some profit.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

If it's a didactic publication, that only a few copies will be bought, sell it at twice the cost if you want to make some profit.

There was a time when it was possible to buy mailing lists of people known to buy particular sorts of books, so the publishers of them mailed a flyer to them directly. It stopped it being hit and miss and the names and addresses of very very keen known buyers were often worth $2 each, and I am talking about 20 years ago.

Possibly it may now be e-mail lists, but an e-mail addy of a known buyer is far better than spamming millions and annoying them, even though spamming is far too easy.

http://lists.etargetmedia.com/market;jsessionid=15C38A39E7C9DDFE4EDE8EB572053AF8?page=research/datacard&id=184115

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile
    Interesting.
  • i want to reduce the price of my book and ebook(pDF)

Can you help me with this?
  • can you please help me reduce the price of my book?
  • You can give the PDF away if you want to, never mind reduce the price.