Matte paper for color print

Hi everyone,

I am on the process of making a research portfolio.  It is a design project so there are a lot of high resolution pictures and diagrams.  I had a full-color premium paper back proof printed.  The #80 paper seems to have a glossy finish for the interior print and it is not what I expected.  My boss has her full-color book printed a couple years ago with matte quality.  I notice there is no other type of paper for premium full-color but just curious: If I select #60 for the black and white interior print but submit a full-color file. is lulu going to print it color for me or black and white?  OR Is there #80 full-color paper with matte finish?

Thanks a lot all the authors!

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

boyu0920 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am on the process of making a research portfolio.  It is a design project so there are a lot of high resolution pictures and diagrams.  I had a full-color premium paper back proof printed.  The #80 paper seems to have a glossy finish for the interior print and it is not what I expected.

That's a puzzle. All my books have matte bright-white pages, although I have never done one in colour, but as far as I know, only the Studio Wizard uses glossy paper.

My boss has her full-color book printed a couple years ago with matte quality.

And she used the exact same Project options? They are not all exactly the same.

I notice there is no other type of paper for premium full-color but just curious: If I select #60 for the black and white interior print but submit a full-color file. is lulu going to print it color for me or black and white?  OR Is there #80 full-color paper with matte finish?

If you select B&W as an option every page will be printed B&W even if you upload full-colour pages.

Well as I say, am not sure if any of the book options have glossy pages apart from Photobooks etc via the Studio Wizards.

However, if I was doing a full-colour book I would be very happy if the pages were glossy or  semi-glossy because they often are in such books.

Thanks a lot all the authors!