Product page title font and a suggestion

Is it possible to change the title font used on product pages? There doesn't seem to be any customisation option as there is on the 'spotlight' page.

I'm not sure whether I've set this somewhere but it's the same for all three books I've published on lulu.com.

I've just checked and it's obviously set according to the category in which the book appears - I'm leaving this post here in case anyone else has the same question as I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Suggestion: Change the title font for books in the history section - it doesn't match any other fonts on the page and being such a strong art deco (or art nouveau?) style, it's inappropriate for books that don't sit in that narrow time-frame.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

picnic wrote:

Is it possible to change the title font used on product pages? There doesn't seem to be any customisation option as there is on the 'spotlight' page.

I'm not sure whether I've set this somewhere but it's the same for all three books I've published on lulu.com.

I've just checked and it's obviously set according to the category in which the book appears -

No it's not. There's no reason it should be, and the Wizard has no idea what category you place the book in until past the Cover Wizard.

I'm leaving this post here in case anyone else has the same question as I couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Suggestion: Change the title font for books in the history section - it doesn't match any other fonts on the page and being such a strong art deco (or art nouveau?) style, it's inappropriate for books that don't sit in that narrow time-frame.

It's nothing at all to do with the book type. Take a look at the Cover Wizard and click all the tabs and options in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMxTo9ssJ8

if you want all of the text to match then create a full cover image on your PC and delete the text in the Cover Wizard.

• Sorry Kevin, you seem to have misunderstood my post.

I am talking about the font used on the product page on Lulu, not the book cover title font. Having checked other titles I see that all categories use this same font whereas I thought it was perhaps specific to books in the history category. In other words, it's a global lulu website style that can't be changed.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Ah right yes, sorry.

The Spotlights are very limited but the font on it does not have to match any other font. Imagine if those who publish dozens of books all with different fonts on the covers try to match the Spotlight font to each one. It's not possible.

If that's the sort of thing you want to do then it's best if you have your own website. But few other online shops bother doing that. Imagine Amazon trying it!

• I'm not a big fan of the storefront fonts either. Especially the one used in the description of the storefront's name and description. It's dull and if you use a picture the format changes and looks really bad.

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

picnic a écrit :

I am talking about the font used on the product page on Lulu, not the book cover title font.

Why bother? What matters is the cover that is displayed in the product page.