Variations in pictues

Wondering about variartions in the printing of pictures.  My first book, and it has photographs.  After my first proof a couple weeks ago, I made some minor changes and had some of the pictures re-Photoshoped, because they were either too dark or too washed-out.  Proof #2 arrived yesterday.  Now some pictures that I didn't change at all from Proof #1 are way too dark/contrasty, including the cover photo.  Have you had this problem?  Any suggestions?

Comments

• I've had some photo's come out too dark, usually the text would be very dark as well. When this happened the cover photo was darker. Other times everything seemed lighter like the ink was running thin or something. I have noticed too the the books printed on Amazon looked a little different than on lulu.com. My experience so far on proofs is that the cover is always a little darker. Support told me that I was using a certain format and that they use a different one in printing so the cover was coming out darker. Not sure if any of this helps but just my experience. This varied from one proof to the next.

• Same problem I had in a book where the pictures are very important.
    ALL THE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BLACK AND WHITE, WHILE THEY WERE ALL IN COLOURS high definition.
    Fly fishing memories is totally unacceptable for this reason, and I want my money back, or a copy of the last edition for free.
  • The first thing to do is review the options you selected for the book. If it was created as a Black & White interior, the inner pages will print black and white even if the file is in color.

If you did select full color for the project, create a support case and send us an image along with the order number and we can investigate the issue for you.