Header Too Low

So I downloaded the A5 template just as I have several times in the past, and pasted the whole file in. It looks totally fine in the .doc, but as soon as it's uploaded to a 'print ready' file, extra white space appears above the header, so that the header looks too low on the page.
I contacted support and they said despite using the template, the file spages are too big and that's why the header looks that way. However, all my previous files look the same and never had this problem. Also, there's info on Lulu that says if a file's page is too large, it will be converted, and it might make the font small (but it says nothing about header issues, and my font is the same size). I also manually corrected the page size and the problem persists so...?
I use a Mac, not sure if that matters. I find it odd that I'm doing everything the same but suddenly the header is misplaced.
Help would be amazing, especially as Lulu Support has only been telling me the page size is wrong and giving me no info on how to get the issue fixed. Smiley Sad I may have to change printers.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

All I can suggest, is what I always suggest, is learn how the many defaults in a template are used and that way you will be able to create your own template exactly as you want it.

Also, if you are able to, Save As a PDF and upload that. It's rare that the Wizard upsets a PDF.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

It looks fine to me, except that the header is too large. Should be 8pts.

• You mean the font is too large? It's the same size I always use, so I don't think that's the issue. :/
  • I've been trying to save as a PDF (the option is right under 'Save As' but...) every time I do the PDF is only 1pg. Looked up info and that should work to make the PDF, so not sure why it's not?
  • PS Can you explain 'learn how the defaults in a template are used'? Is that explained somewhere on Lulu? And I did actually change my .doc to the exact dimensions it should be when printed (and even experimented with the top and header margins) but the problem persisted. :/
  • potetjppotetjp Teacher

yaoifix a écrit :
    You mean the font is too large? It's the same size I always use, so I don't think that's the issue. :/

Yes, to me, the size of the font of your header is too large. Besides it is the same as the title of your chapter, and the latter is too small.

I don't use Lulu templates because my wordprocessor is WordPerfect, not MS-Word. With WP it is very simple to create one's own formats (paper size, margins, etc.). From there WP automatically determines the right  position for the headers and the footers. If you don't like them you can always modify them. Can't you do the same with your own wordprocessor?

Yes I would also say Header and Footer text should not distract from the main text. Yours is too large, too bold, and too close to the bodytext. (Regardless of the space above it.)

It's easy to adjust using the Header and Footer tool.

• Ok, I appreciate the info into the header text size, but the issue is still how low the header is, and since I had other docs with the same text size and didn't have this issue, I'm still facing the same problem, no matter the header font size.
    Could you please give me more info into what I can do to deal with the header being too low. I also had issues putting the .doc into a pdf- it converted but the doc was then only 1pg long. Not sure what's happening. Really would appreciate help.
  • potetjppotetjp Teacher

yaoifix a écrit :
    Could you please give me more info into what I can do to deal with the header being too low.

You must have inadvertently modified the header template. The simplest solution is to download the whole Lulu template again, and paste your text in it.

Look at the margin and header spacing settings. Also look for empty lines above the text in the headers.

• potetjppotetjp Teacher

No news, good news?