Where do I find my ISBN?

I'm formatting my novel, and making the copyright page. I know I should insert the ISBN here, but when I do the "steps" to publish my book on Lulu, I'm at the uploading part. I don't want to upload my novel if it doesn't contain the ISBN... so how can I get the ISBN?

I've published with Lulu a long time ago and it gave me the ISBN before I uploaded the book, if I remember correctly.

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

If you select a book size that has distribution you will be given the option to Sell Everywhere and Get a  free ISBN from Lulu. The following step you will be told what the ISBN is.

Start  the project if you haven't already.

Good luck.

A citizen of the world.

• Oh, so I have to upload the book first, and then I find out the ISBN?

• potetjppotetjp Professor

dwarsement1 a écrit :

I'm formatting my novel, and making the copyright page. I know I should insert the ISBN here, but when I do the "steps" to publish my book on Lulu, I'm at the uploading part. I don't want to upload my novel if it doesn't contain the ISBN... so how can I get the ISBN?

I've published with Lulu a long time ago and it gave me the ISBN before I uploaded the book, if I remember correctly.

Step 1) If your book has the dimensions and other characteristics that make it distributable, Lulu will ask you if you want it distributed and will offer you a free ISBN. If you accept, you can either take down the displayed number or even download its barcode image in PDF. Once you've done this, suspend the creation process.

Step 2) In your wordprocessor, add the ISBN number to the copyright page of your book. Save your book file. Convert this book file into PDF.

Step 3) Re-start the creation process. Upload your PDF file when prompted to do so.  The rest is plain sailing.

Lulu will automatically add the ISBN and its barcode on the back cover, so you don't have to bother about it.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

The ISBN option is within the Wizard after the book size section.

• I have same problem.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

dwarsement1 a écrit :

I'm formatting my novel, and making the copyright page. [...].

Just curious. Did you find my explanation useful?