noobie

hello, i just found out about lulu this morning. i registered and browsed around the site. however i have not found costs for the 3 packages i have read in a review of lulu online. i would also like to know something:

- can i publish on lulu if im not american ? ( i am from romania )

- is ISBN the same as author rights? if not, do i need to register it somewhere to get those rights?

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Lulu is free unless you want to buy a publishing package. It's your choice.

You can get a free ISBN from Lulu or get yoru own from the Romanian ISBN agency and use that.

Anyone in the world can publish. Ebooks must be in English.

A citizen of the world.

• what about copyright? does lulu help? or i have to do it on my own ?

lets just say for the sake of the argument that my work will be successful and someone wants to pick it up for a movie. will they do so without me?

sry for the questions but i really must know Smiley Happy thank you in advance

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

You own the copyright to your book. Add a notice on the required copyright page. Or you can buy a copyright certificate for about $30 (on your own).

If someone wants to turn your book into a movie they will ask you for permission and pay you. You are the owner.

There's tons of information in Knowledgebase. Browse around. The more you know the better for you.

A citizen of the world.

• Thank you so much , Maggie! You are a life saver.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

what about copyright? does lulu help? or i have to do it on my own ?

Copyright is instant as soon as a creation becomes tangible, such as a story in your head being put down on paper, it's an international law. You just need to say it is on a Copyright Page.

lets just say for the sake of the argument that my work will be successful and someone wants to pick it up for a movie. will they do so without me?

No, but good luck with it being taken up by a film company! The USA have a sort of law though, that if you have not registered your copyright there then if anyone does steal your work you will not be able to take them to court. 

As Maggie says, spend a few weeks reading the Knowledge Base here.   Starting on this page >>   

http://www.lulu.com/learn