Before completing your order, please take a moment to review information about potential delivery delays.

Due to closures, travel restrictions, and prioritization of vital services, some parcel deliveries may experience delays. Please check with your carrier of choice to verify your location can receive deliveries. In some instances, some deliveries may no longer be possible.
Read More.

Formatting

I have managed to successfully upload the relevant files but when I check the download I keep finding lines at the top and bottom of the first 3 pages. This also happened when I ordered a Proof Copy before.

Has anyone any ideas why?

I write the words in a Txt file using Verdana, then paste them into the Lulu A5 Template which I then upload.

Any help would be useful as I am ready to get on with the publishing once I have sorted this problem.

Tony

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

You need to tweak the template Lulu provides. You can't just paste and upload or you'll end up with a mess.

Print a PDF of your file using DoPDF and see exactly what your pages will look like before you order a proof. If you do not like what you see, go back to the Word file and reformat. Change anything you do not like.

There are Youtube videos  on every aspect of formatting if you get stuck.

Good luck.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks I'll try to redo the doc
  • Hello TonyQuikky

Are you pasting into the Lulu template file or the style guide?

• I want to format my book in Adobe Indesign. Will your program accept a pdf file from this program?

• Hello Davidcoombs

Certainly. Just make sure the fonts are embedded and the file you create and save is the same size as the book you plan to print.

• Okay thank you!