Images "in line with text" makes me crazy

In all my previous life I have used the "image in front of text" as the wrap text choice and I am now reminded why.

I have read here that Lulu requires that all images must be imbedded "in line with text."  But when I try to do that, it throws all my text out of whack and puts the image in some crazy place on the page.

Can someone give me the magic secret of how to make "image in line with text" work?

[And thanks for this great forum!]

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

Make it "In  line with text." Then cut and paste the image where it belongs.

It will not move again. If it does, delete the image and reinsert from file.

A citizen of the world.

• Thanks so much for your prompt response. I *think* I am doing what you say, but the same disaster keeps happening.

How do you exactly "paste the image where it belongs"? When I try pasting it, it goes where it wants and pushes all the text every which-way.

Perhaps you want it to do something it's not meant to do? Perhaps the result is natural for ebooks?

Show a sample (if you like) of the original placement and one of the result. You can take a screenshot of each.

A citizen of the world.

• Thank you so much for sticking with me.  I have attached two screenshots.  The first is with the image placed where I want it, with "In Front of Text" wrap format.  The second shows what happens if I try to use "In Line With Text."

InFrontOfText.png

InLineWithText.png

Ok.

Rethink your placement of the image. In other words, center it --above or below the text.

You must keep in mind that your ebook file will be distributed to over 25 retailers and to many users with different devices, each with their own code, functionality -- they will choose font, font size, orientation, flip, turn, zoom in, zoom out, and so on. Your ebook must be simple.

A citizen of the world.

• Thank you sincerely for your help, Maggie. I accept the verdict.
  • You've got to anchor each image to either a character, a paragraph or a page.

• Thank you for that information, Jean-Paul. How, exactly, do you anchor the image to one of those things? Is it a setting, or what?
  • I use WordPerfect, but I suppose you can do this with any other processor. I right-click on the image, and a menu appears. I select "position", and there, I am given the three anchoring options, etc.

• Thank you very much.

• You are welcome.