Paper Quality Premium Paperback vs. Photobook

Both options use #80 paper, both use final silk coating. Is there any (other) meaningful difference in the quality of the paper used for these 2 types of books? I find it easier to upload a single completed PDF (Premium paperback book) rather than trudging through the process of uploading individual images (Photo book) therefore if the final image quality is the same I will go the Premium paperback way.

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

I am not sure the 'normal' books have a 'final silk coating' whatever that is, none of mine have. All covers have a gloss finish.

The Studio Wizards (photobooks etc) also have a gloss finish on the pages, as per photos.

It depends on if you need the pages to look like laboratory processed photos or not.

The main advantage of not using the Studio Wizards is that most of the other book project types can have an ISBN and Dist.

• potetjppotetjp Professor

From my own experience, I can tell you that with photobooks / photo-albums, the reproductions are perfect because they use paper for photographs  while with paperback or hardbound books, the result is satisfactory, but not so good. The sample below is from a hardbound travel account.

Lulu-sample-color book-A-a.jpg