Proof Copy/Copies

Simple Question. My book is nearing completion. Is there any restriction on the number of proof books that I can purchase? I want to purchase several copies for people to read for errors. One copy would take too long for a dozen people to read and receive comments back to me.  Thanks. -Brian Hinkley

Comments

• You can buy as many as you wish.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

If you mean to have Proofread, you can do that without buying any books, just email them the PR PDF. A printed Proof is mainly used to check if it prints ok, granted some also use it for a final Proofread as well as to see what it looks like in print, but if you want more than one just for Proofreading by many people, as I say, just send them the PR PDF. You could have sent them the docx or whatever, before you created a Project.

• Thanks. I appreciate what you are saying. I do find however reading a hardcopy or reading it on the computer is different for some reason. I know it will cost me more, but even when I write a letter or e-mail. etc. I have found mistakes on the hard copy that I missed on the computer. Maybe it's just me.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

It's not unusual to still find mistakes in even mass-printed books from massive publishing companies, and I also prefer printed books. But unless you are sending them to trained Proofreaders they still may not spot all the mistakes, and Proofreaders usually work on the original files anyway.

But the first action is to always have your word processor set to underline anything it thinks is a mistake.   Smiley Happy