We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Kudos to a Lulu author

I just want to tell somebody: The Maya Papyrus by Richard Coady is great, and I am proud of Lulu for having it. I read it through in three days and I was just immersed in the story. I just wrote my first review ever. Thanks. Happy New Year to Lulu and Mr. Coady.

Comments

• It's always a pleasure to see positive posts about another Authors work. Thanks Plainsong! 

• plainsong wrote:

I just want to tell somebody: The Maya Papyrus by Richard Coady is great, and I am proud of Lulu for having it. I read it through in three days and I was just immersed in the story. I just wrote my first review ever. Thanks. Happy New Year to Lulu and Mr. Coady.

Wow, plainsong, thank you for your kind words!

I'm absolutely delighted you enjoyed the book and even found the time to write a review for it. (I've got my next couple of books planned, but I'm going to look into your story idea for a future project - thanks for that as well.)

I also have to say I'm impressed that you got through it all in 3 days. That's over 200 pages a day! That's some dedication.

Thanks again, and happy new year to you.

Ric

PS if you have any questions or comments or want to discuss any aspect of the book with me, please feel free to drop me a PM.

• You're quite welcome, Richard.  Yes, I am a very fast reader when the book is good--and for some reason I see every word and can catch mistakes. I wrote a few notes in the margin while I was reading, and will email you about them when my sister-in-law gives the book back to me. (I think she's a slow reader.)

You're an excellent writer, and I predict success. You also look young so you have many years to work at your craft. (I am almost 73, so my wish to summarize the Quran and The Book of Mormon and peripheral holy books must be set aside for some other good summarizer.)  But for you, a book delving into the period the Book of Daniel purports to be prophesying would go a long way toward cutting the wind from the sails of the world's apocalyptic preachers. . . . If you want I'll send you a document just with my summaries of Daniel and Revelation so you can file it away.  What is your email?

Thank you and all the best,

plainsong

Plainsong Bible: Chapter Summaries of the King James Version

• plainsong wrote:

You're quite welcome, Richard.  Yes, I am a very fast reader when the book is good--and for some reason I see every word and can catch mistakes. I wrote a few notes in the margin while I was reading, and will email you about them when my sister-in-law gives the book back to me. (I think she's a slow reader.)

You're an excellent writer, and I predict success. You also look young so you have many years to work at your craft. (I am almost 73, so my wish to summarize the Quran and The Book of Mormon and peripheral holy books must be set aside for some other good summarizer.)  But for you, a book delving into the period the Book of Daniel purports to be prophesying would go a long way toward cutting the wind from the sails of the world's apocalyptic preachers. . . . If you want I'll send you a document just with my summaries of Daniel and Revelation so you can file it away.  What is your email?

Thank you and all the best,

plainsong

Plainsong Bible: Chapter Summaries of the King James Version

That's very kind of you to say so, plainsong. Thank you.

I'll look forward to your notes on the book. I hope your sister-in-law enjoys it.

Although I've got a queue of ideas that are demanding to be written, I'm always on the look-out for new ones. I'll PM you with my email address.