We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

help totally lost

I am loooking over all this stuff and there is nothing I can find that starts from 'have book' -> ' 'format book' -> put book into Lulu. '

I am getting quite frustrated.  can someone help?

I have no clue and all these instructions and helps seem to figure I already know things I dont know.

So say I have my book completed. now what? so I format it in a pdf? then what?  there is a Lulu template but if I copy my pdf to the template, wont all the guides in the template get moved off?

I have no clue how to proceed, and the instructions dont help.

and I dont even know if Ill get emailed if there is a response here or if I have to come back here to see if someone responded. and I dont even really know where here is.

so lame.

Comments

• I am loooking over all this stuff and there is nothing I can find that starts from 'have book' -> ' 'format book' -> put book into Lulu. '

You only need to ask once, not using many postings.

I have no clue and all these instructions and helps seem to figure I already know things I dont know.

Well, it does hope you know how to create files and how to use a PC, and have the tools on your PC and know how they work.

So say I have my book completed. now what? so I format it in a pdf? then what? 

Well, if you can do that correctly, then just upload the PDF.

there is a Lulu template but if I copy my pdf to the template, wont all the guides in the template get moved off?

But you do not need to move your PDF to the Word Template. In fact you cannot.

I have no clue how to proceed, and the instructions dont help.

Well they do, if you read them all. I gave the link in my reply to you in another thread.

and I dont even know if Ill get emailed if there is a response here or if I have to come back here to see if someone responded. and I dont even really know where here is.

You do if you tick Email Me when ...   It's as plain as your nose at the top right under subscriptions..

Errm, here is the forums.

• First, just follow the "create book" wizard, and it will tell you what to do at each step. If your book is already in .DOC, .DOCX, or .PDF ... I think there are also other supported formats... you can simply upload it.

To use the template, you need to download it before you finish creating the book. Or you can cut and paste into the template, but then you may lose certain formatting changes.

• LarikaLarika Bibliophile

For a complete newbie it can be a bit frustrating but it only takes a short while to learn about Lulu. If you haven't got a PDF converter you can get a free one on the internet.  (This is a good one -http://www.pdf995.com/ ) Decide on the size of your book and make sure your file is the correct size.Then follow the wizaed. If you want to use your own cover art you can (I use the old cover format) but Lulu provides covers. Then buy 1 copy to make sure your book is OK. You can revise your book at any time. The harder part is converting your file to an Ebook but there is plenty of help for that.. 

• potetjppotetjp Bibliophile

LK8 a écrit :

I am loooking over all this stuff and there is nothing I can find that starts from 'have book' -> ' 'format book' -> put book into Lulu. '

I

1) Decide on the dimensions of your book among the options offered by Lulu.

2) Give your book these dimensions in the wordprocessor you have on your computer.
    3) Once your book is finished, add a final page that has to be blank. Check that your first chapter begins on an odd / right page. Check if the total number of pages is divisible by 4. If not, add as many blank pages as necessary.
    4) Start your project (e.g. create a soft-tover book), and follow the steps one by one.
    5) To move to the next step, you've got to approve the one you are at by clicking on the appropriate button  at the bottom of the Lulu screen page.
    6) When Lulu gives you an ISBN, switch to your text file on your computer and type the ISBN in your copyright page at the back of the title page.
    7) Make a PDF copy of your book file.
    7) Return to Lulu.
    8) When you are prompted to enter your book file, upload your PDF copy.
    The rest is plain sailing.
    I hope this helps.

• Perhaps this tutorial on the Learn page will help get you started: Getting Started

• thank you for yuour tempered and helpful reply.

easily, my anxiety and frustration mounts with computer stuff when it doesnt happen how I think it should

just need to not let my zen be disrupted.  Smiley Wink)