Multiple books for a class

I have kids in my class that are making children's books. In the end, we should have about 24 books heading to the printer.  I am assuming I should just put all the books on my account so I can make payments and deal with any problems more easily. Any suggestions? Is there soemthing I am missing about this strategy? 

-Jeff

Comments

• Em_PressEm_Press Professor

There's LuluJr which offers bookmaking kits and tools. This, in my opinion, is useful for individual projects (still have a look), but your idea of managing all the class projects in your account is the best.

You will get a discount for a large order, you could look for a coupon code as well, you can assign royalties to each of the children or their parents (family members may want to buy their book)...you could make the books available as Direct Access for those whose parents do not want their child's book public, you could use the Direct Access option for Fundraising for the school, you could get free distribution for those who did a spectacular job and want their book on Amazon. So many possibilities.

On another note: For distribution consider 6x9, perfectbound, minimum 32 pages.

A citizen of the world.

• I agree with Maggie.

Using your account allows you to manage all the projects from one page. You will also be able to order the books for your students at author's cost (manufacturing + shipping).

Once you decide on a book size, send me a private message and I will email you a blank template your students can use to type their stories and upload their illustrations.

• I am also trying to find the right way to publish my student's work. I appreciate the insights you have offered here. Could I also have a copy of the template? 

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

This is an old thread, things may have changed, but here's Lulu Jr >>   https://www.lulujr.com/

But what age are your students? They start to be called that from around 16 years of age and upwards.

Many people find it best to create their own templates (Often in Word) using measurements they take from a similar book. But if you look here >>   http://www.lulu.com/create/books   Lulu provide docx templates, but beware that you still have to understand how the settings work.