Problems with ebook conversion....PLEASE HELP
I have published an ebook before on Lulu by uploading a docx and having Lulu convert it to epub. The only issue I ever had was with the Table of Contents, which was easily sorted out.
Now I am trying to publish a new ebook by uploading a docx...but the conversion to epub simply does not work, no matter how hard I try.
Here's the error message I get:
We experienced an unknown issue while trying to convert your file to an EPUB.
Note: You can also choose one of our eBook conversion packages and let us create your eBook for you.
The FAQ says this is most likely* due to improper subheadings (eg heading 1 followed by heading 3). But I have verified that this is not the case.
Here's what I have tried so far.
- Verified that there are not more than 3 headings used (Title, Subtitle1, Subtitle 2).
- Verified that there are no text boxes
- Verified that the remaining text is in paragraph (normal) format.
- Made sure that indented text was using another style of paragraph.
- Made sure only Times New Roman font is used.
- Made an epub using Caliber and uploaded it. I got three errors, ERROR: Unable to locate a valid publication date. A date with the event attribute publication (opf:event=publication) is required in content.opf
ERROR: non-standard image resource 'images/image.Picture_225' of type 'application/octet-stream' in index_split_002.html on line 116 and unable to validate as per epubcheck 3.1
- Saved the docx as an rtf and tried, but same error
- Saved the docx as a Word 97-2003 .doc and tried but same error.
- Removed the TOC as an epub does not need one (and I don't want one).
- Made sure all images were GIF, JPEG and PNG
- Read the entire Troubleshooting Guide and the Ebook Creation Guide.
- Made sure I didn't have any blue hyperlinks (although I do have to cite hyperlinks in sources)
I am at my wit's end....any help will be appreciated. Please note that I am considered to be tech-savvy, so if you do have any unorthodox solutions, let me know as well.