'hybrid' color printing available?

I have a 180 page book with 11 color pages, the rest are black and white pictures or text.  Is there an option to print only those pages in color?   (I have tried for both hard cover and paperback options)

As of now I have only found option to make whole book color, which makes the book too expensive.

I am curious if there is a way to provide page #'s for color vs black and white or something like that.

Thanks.

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

LynnArm wrote:

I have a 180 page book with 11 color pages, the rest are black and white pictures or text.  Is there an option to print only those pages in color?   (I have tried for both hard cover and paperback options)

As of now I have only found option to make whole book color, which makes the book too expensive.

I am curious if there is a way to provide page #'s for color vs black and white or something like that.

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge at present the interiors of print books are either Color or B&W.

I'm not sure the printers can set their machines to print only specified pages in color so you might want to pose this question to a moderator.

• Sphinx is correct. At this time our printers cannot insert color pages into otherwise B&W books. As we continue working with our print partern that restriction my be lifted, but for now there is no other option.

• At the moment only traditional publishing can do this.

• I suppose the process is different whether the color pictures are included [anchored] in the text or whether they are all together on separate plates that can be inserted nearly anywhere in the book. Normally the second option should be the less expensive.

• My case is similar, and I would like to know if this 'hybrid color printing' isn't still available, two years after.

Thanks

• No. It's still the same machines.

However, if it was available as an option it would probably cost four times as much per book.