Cannot Approve my Proof

I received my proof today, but I cannot approve it for distribution. LuLu says I need to order a proof, but I did!

Strangely, LuLu allowed me to approve my proof for distribution shortly after I ordered it and before I received it in the mail; I didn't go through with approving it, though. But now that I have the proof, it doesn't let me approve it!

What is going on?

I clicked the "Click here to continue distribution," but it just redirects to a page that says "Important Notice: In order to approve your book for distribution, a proof copy of the most recent version of your book must be purchased." etc.

thanks

Comments

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

Geremia12 wrote:

I received my proof today, but I cannot approve it for distribution. LuLu says I need to order a proof, but I did!

Strangely, LuLu allowed me to approve my proof for distribution shortly after I ordered it and before I received it in the mail. But now that I have the proof, it doesn't let me approve it!

What is going on?

I clicked the "Click here to continue distribution," but it just redirects to a page that says "Important Notice: In order to approve your book for distribution, a proof copy of the most recent version of your book must be purchased." etc.

thanks

If you already approved your proof (after ordering it and before receiving it) then you've already approved it for distribution.

Continuing to hit the approve button (after already having approved the book) might be causing the system to look for a revision that hasn't been made.

• No, it's never been approved to distribution before.

• Papi_SoñolientoPapi_Soñoliento Southern Escarpment Hill Country Teacher

Geremia12 wrote:

No, it's never been approved to distribution before.

Ah, from the original post it sounded as if you'd already hit the approve button.

This is something Lulu staff would need to take care of so I would suggest you enter a support ticket explaining the situation.

Please be patient as Lulu's office is staffed Monday through Friday (except major US holidays) from 09:00 to 17:00 Eastern Time.

• You have to buy, receive and 'Approve' your book.
  • I just finished my first book and hit the button that said finish and publish (I think - I can't seem to go back to that page any more, but it said something like that - I was kind of expecting a page that would explain what I was about to do and say 'confirm' or somethign like that). Then it took me to a page to buy a copy - . which is what I did. First question: is that my proof?

People are talking about 'approving' the proof - but I have not seen any page on which to do that. Will that happen once I receive a hard copy of my book? Do I receive an e-mail telling me to go to a particular page to approve it or what? The process is not at all clear to me and I hope someone can explain it step by step.

Sorry for being naive but this is my first experience of this and I am a bit concerned that I am not doing it correctly.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

RC

•  

1) Buy an copy of the book (at the print price) - that is your proof copy

2) Check it thoroughly when it arrives

3) .IF it is absolutely the bees knees and couldn't be more perfecto then go to your project and  click APPROVE, and you're finished ELSE  make the changes on your original documents click REVISEyour project and upload the changed files and delete the old ones.

1) Go to 1

• Hi I've ordered my proof copy, checked it and want to approve it, but there is no button by my project for APPROVE, only Revise or retire. Have I done something wrong?

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

In your Project List click on Revise. on the page that opens you will see the option to Approve or Make New ,  but you will not see Approve if your book cannot have an ISBN.

• Thanks, Kevin. In the end I had to go through to the manage distribution page and click approve in there. I don't know why! But it seems to have worked and the book is now in the process of being put forward to the distributors and is available to buy on Lulu. So I think it is okay. Thanks for replying.