How do I un-retire a project?

Hi there, I logged on yesterday only to discover that my project I have been working on for months is in the "retired" section of "My Projects". I am in panic mode. Underneath the project it says "This project has been permanently retired, the files can used on this project can be accessed in My Flies". ?????

How do I get it back? How do I un-retire it?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

"Permanently" usually means exactly that, so I suspect that you can't. But it also says the files still exist and you should be able to load them in to a New Project.

If it had an ISBN then it will need a new one, so if the ISBN code is on your Copyright Page you will need to edit that in the original file on your PC.

• Hi Farmgirl

You should have received several emails from Lulu alerting you that one or more of you projects was created in a format that was soon to be retired. If you did not receive the emails, please check your Spam folder. They could have been diverted there.

As the alert text states, the files you used to create the retired project are accessible from the My Files page. You can use this files to recreate and finish your project. We have created a list of alternate formats into which you can insert your draft manuscript with minimal effort. Simply start a new project, choose one of the alternate formats, and then select the manuscript from My Files.

If you need any additional assistance, please let us know.

• Hi, I am a customer with a similar case scenerial as farmgirl, followed the instructions posed, and got to a point where i can see my retired files under my files folder, however when i click on the files to download, or at least lead me to further page or down load  link, there is no effect, is there a lead lead on how to in order to get the (retired) files. 

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Retire/Withdraw eventually removes them from distribution or just from your Spotlight if you have no ISBNs.

But you often cannot delete the files you used from your My Files section if they have been used in a Project. Not that it really matters that you can't.

I do think that nowadays they will eventually auto-delete though.

But you also say "download". Do you not have the originals on your PC?

I have just tried Download from my own My Files and it works for me. If the file is a PDF it will open Adobe Reader which you can Save from.

If a docx your browser should ask you what you want to do with it. Same with images I suspect.

• Let me clarify and correct myself, I logged into mylulu.com, went to my projects and all project files are gone from project list, next to My projects there is a "My files  and My revenue box/Icon", i clicked My files, and below the "My files icon/box"  there is a section titled My files; In that  "My files sections there are three tabs, Show files by: Type, Project and Folder, The files appears under Project section only, but for some unknown reasons i cannot down load them, when I right click in order to save them on my desk top, they are not availble and so the computer save a useless html file, does any one know  any other way to unretire them. By the way this was a finished project, where by i even ordered copies but was not aware that Lulu was retiring them.

Thanks

• Hi There,

I'm horrified to log in today after several years to find my only project not yet published and all related files RETIRED and gone!  :-(

I have moved continents changed emails and have several, life-changing personal experiences, which alas had me put my book on hold for a few years.

Now I log in to add another few poems and see that POOF! it is gone! :-( please please please tell me that there is a way I can get it back? download my poetry...somewhere?

I'm deeply distraught....

i did not receive the email you speak of so I assume they went to my spam folder.

please i beg of you help me!

• Hi There,

I'm horrified to log in today after several years to find my only project not yet published and all related files RETIRED and gone! :-(

I have moved continents changed emails and have several, life-changing personal experiences, which alas had me put my book on hold for a few years.

Now I log in to add another few poems and see that POOF! it is gone! :-( please please please tell me that there is a way I can get it back? download my poetry...somewhere?

I'm deeply distraught....

i did not receive the email you speak of so I assume they went to my spam folder.

please i beg of you help me!
  • I think it's Lulu's policy to delete Draft Projects that have not been active for 21 days to save space. I have no idea if the files used to create it will still be in your My Files, but you could have a look, I think the same applies to those, though.

People were notified years ago.   Smiley Frustrated Smiley Sad