Revising My eBook --General Questions

Hello.  

I created an ebook several years ago and need to update several pages: i.e., links, contact information, etc.  

Honestly, I forgot how I uploaded!  In fact, I believe I uploaded a revision once before and do not remmeber it being that difficult.  

So, here are my general questions: 

1.  Can I create a pdf file and upload a new version instead of doing it all through the Wizard?  The cover and all other information would remain the same, but the pages would be different.  

2.  I don't remember having to change anything in the pdf version I created: I believe LuLu accepted it.  I have a Mac.  Usually, what I do is make changes in Pages and then simply change to a pdf format.  

3.  I did not get an isbn number. I don't think I protected with DRM.  

Any help would be appreciated!  

Lee 

Comments

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

1.  Can I create a pdf file and upload a new version instead of doing it all through the Wizard?  The cover and all other information would remain the same, but the pages would be different. 

Yes to the PDF. No to not using the Wizard. You do have to use the Wizard. However, this does not really sound as if it's now the same book, so it will have to be a New Project with a new ISBN and the older version taken out of circulation.

3.  I did not get an isbn number. I don't think I protected with DRM. 

See 1 above.

Lulu no longer use DRM.

• If your eBook was a PDF eBook, you will not have the option to add an ISBN. So all you have to do is click the revise link next to the project and step back through the wizard, which will allow you to upload the new PDF.

• Thank you, Kevin. 

Well, it really isn't going to be a new book.  I have to update the link at the bottom of the each page in the book page + at the end in the closing section maybe update 3 to 5 pages.  Other than that, it's all the same!  I never got an ISBN number. 

I do thank you for taking the time to respond! 

Lee 

• Glen, 

Thank you for this: very helpful!  

Lee 

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

at the end in the closing section maybe update 3 to 5 pages.

Sorry, if that is the case, then it's not the same book.

• I have some add-on questions to this general topic about revising an ebook...

When I revise a book already published on iBookstore, will it be taken down until the new revision is approved?

If a book is still being evaluated for release to B&N (why that takes so much longer I don't know), will it reset that clock, or will the current revision under review be processed and the new revision put on the queue of books to look at? Likewise if B&N publishes the one currently under review, will it be removed pending the new revision?

Also, I made the new revisions in Sigil to the submitted epub; can I just upload the epub to Lulu for the new revision or do I have to go and edit the original word document and duplicate the effort?

Thank you in advance!

• The general rule is that creating a revision of any book in distribution (print or EPUB) is that the revision goes to the bottom of the approval queue.
    Original copies with distribution resellers remain available until replaced with a new Lulu approved revision but of course must also then be approved by the distribution reseller.
    I guess your Lulu approved B&N might drop into a black hole, I don't know.

Regarding your Sigil revision. Lulu recommend that you DO NOT revise an EPUB created with Lulu's Word to EPUB converter with Sigil.
    Therefore it is far better to make any revision in Word and again use the Lulu converter.
  • Will only revising my e-book cover jeopardize its listing on Kindle, B&N, etc?

• It should not do, but it will take as long to update there as it took to get on to there.