We're aware of an issue with converting some DOC, DOCX, ODT, and RTF files to EPUB through our Ebook Wizard.
We've created this Forum Thread with some workarounds and advice to assist you in publishing you ebook.

Hardcover and Paperback?

Hello. Really sorry that I had to post a question that I'm not sure if was discussed before. But I think I herd somewhere, that where your book is published to Amazon, it becomes available in both Hardcover and Paperback. Please help me with this. If this is wrong, how can I make a hardcover version of the same exact book. Do I just have to create a new project and make it a hardcover and try remaking it?

Thanks,

Joe Gerard

Comments

• You "herd" wrong.

You must create a second project. If the hardcover is the same page size you can use the original PDF. Otherwise you must create a new document and then a new PDF.

By the way one of the popular PDF services I offer is to resize a PDF.
  • Hello. Really sorry that I had to post a question that I'm not sure if was discussed before.

Yeah it has been discussed.

But I think I herd somewhere, that where your book is published to Amazon, it becomes available in both Hardcover and Paperback.

Don't know where you heard this, but it isn't so.

Please help me with this. If this is wrong, how can I make a hardcover version of the same exact book. Do I just have to create a new project and make it a hardcover and try remaking it?

You do have to create a new project, but make it the same size (if that size is available in both hardcover and paperback), and upload the same text file as used in the other book.  Complete it with the exact same cover.

• You do have to create a new project, but make it the same size (if that size is available in both hardcover and paperback), and upload the same text file as used in the other book.  Complete it with the exact same cover.

There is no need to make it the same size. You can make either book whatever size you wish. You will need to reformat your original file to fit the new project, but that is all that is needed.

• I realize that, but my interpretation of his question was if you could create a paperback and a hardcover book that are exactly the same.
  • I realize that, but my interpretation of his question was if you could create a paperback and a hardcover book that are exactly the same.

I believe he was referring to internal text, rather than book size.

• Why oh why do some of you insist on posting additional answers when the first was clear and sufficient.

If you have something to say the say it but don't say just because you have.

It doesn't help the questioner.
  • I think all the publishing packages should include a hardcover book for the author.
  • Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

Would it not depend on what Service one has used?

Some do include a proof copy. Some include up to 5 paperbacks.

http://www.lulu.com/services/packages