remove and delete book

I would like to not only "retire" my book, but have all files deleted. Is that possible? 

Comments

• No. Once published the files stay with Lulu for ever. However no one can access them or your book.
  • kelsaykelsay Writer

I dismantled the look inside your book feature, and Amazon still has it up. I changed the price and Amazon still shows the old price. I changed the distribution to private sales and it is still showing for sale on Amazon. I published the book in 2008, sold very few books to family and friends....I cannot believe Amazon has extra copies, so there is no reason they would continue to list it. Now what? I changed the sales price to something no sane person would pay--and amazon has kept it at the original price! 

• If you have deleted the project then that will be reflected on Amazon within a couple of months.
    If Amazon did create stock they will continue to list it.
    I assume that the price changes you made was on Lulu.

Try contacting Amazon and ask them to cull it.

Alternatively try buying a copy from Amazon.

But does it all really matter? 

• kelsaykelsay Writer

It doesn't matter that much, since they really aren't selling anyway!  The problem is this, now I have a few books listed with other publishers on Amazon, and I'm afraid it might. I would rather have it gone. Not the end of the world, just annoying. I'd like to think I have control over the entire project since I created it.

• Just KevinJust Kevin Lulu Genius

No matter where it is listed, if Lulu/you no longer make it, then no one can buy it. I doubt anyone keeps stocks of POD books unless they are selling like hot cakes. Also, there's a lot of resellers on Amazon, for no real reason, advertise our books at silly prices. One of mine is on there as Used for way over what people can buy it for new. Strange ...

• Questions about the practices of another company should really be directed to that company. Every company has a support team, shoot your questions to Amazon support if you are looking for some kind of resolution with Amazon.

Oh they are, but us and by Lulu, and Amazon do often get the 'offence' removed, but then they pop up again later!

• Hi Kelsay

You do not state when you retired or changed the price of your project. However, Amazon updates their online catalog monthly. So once they receive the notification from Lulu that you wish to retire your project, it is queued to take effect in the next monthly update. Just like going into distribution on the Amazon site takes from 6-8 weeks, coming out of distribution takes the same amount of time.

Best of luck to you!

• @ Kevin - are you referring to the two book with a status of 'Out of Print?" When I follow those links, there is no books cover and the page indicates that the book has only limited availability and no price. Have you tried contacting Amazon to have these removed?

Yes Glenn, The first books I ever created here. (And then Retired and split due to my shock at the price).

Have I contacted Amazon? But Lulu put them there, and surely Lulu's system knows the books no longer exist? So why is this information also not carried over to Amazon's system?

I have no idea how to contact Amazon about my content there, I have no account at Amazon of any kind, and if I did contact them, how does one prove they are really the writer?

• I'm searching for a book that was written by my neice that she published on Lulu over the past few years.  She passed last June, and I'm trying to see if I can get a copy of it for her father (my brother).

If you really do keep copies of them somewhere, how can I (or he) get a copy?  It would bring him so much peace of mind to have it.  

• Cafemakeup wrote:

I'm searching for a book that was written by my neice that she published on Lulu over the past few years.  She passed last June, and I'm trying to see if I can get a copy of it for her father (my brother).

If you really do keep copies of them somewhere, how can I (or he) get a copy?  It would bring him so much peace of mind to have it.  

This is a very old thread you have found. Is your niece mentioned or posted in it perhaps?

Lulu use Print On Demand and that means no books exist until one is ordered.

Do you know the name of the book? Do you know if she used her real name on Lulu? (not a 'screenname')  if so then you can try a search in Shop, unless she had it set to Direct or Private.

If she used a Lulu ISBN with Distribution then it may even be available on Amazon.

• I'm sorry for your loss.
    You might try creating a support case. Our team may be able to direct you to who is now in possession of the account, and from there they may be able to help you get an order for the book placed.