- A minimum of 25 titles.
- Sign up
- A cover file in PNG or PDF format for each title.
- Spreadsheet with metadata for each eBook title: iBookstore-Metadata.xls
- ePub must fulfill all eBook Distribution Requirements
Uploading files to Lulu:
Upload your validated ePub files, cover files, and metadata spreadsheet in your Lulu "My Files", or using our FTP server. How can I upload large files more quickly and easily? / Can I upload my files with FTP?
How to use your own ISBNs:
Supply your own registered ISBNs in the metadata spreadsheet. This will list you as the Publisher on the iBookstore. Only ISBN13s are accepted and they cannot be assigned to a print edition of a book.
How prices are set:
Pricing must comply with Apple's guidelines. Publishers can set prices for eBooks in the metadata spreadsheet. Lulu will adjust the price of any eBook to meet the guidelines. Apple sets the price of an eBook to $9.99, by default. However, eBooks can be priced as high as $99.99, as long as you follow Apple's guidelines:
- If you choose to sell, the price must end in 99 cents.
- For books only available as eBooks, you can set any price up to $99.99.
- For books also available in hardcover and/or paperback, you cannot exceed a maximum price based on the price of the physical book. Lulu will help you determine that maximum.
In General, books with a print price of less than $25 will be sold for $9.99, higher priced print books are sold for a little less than half the print price on the iBookstore.
All eBooks submitted for iBookstore distribution must comply with these pricing guidelines.
How much you make per sale:
Apple retains 30% of all revenue from sales on the iBookstore. Lulu offers two options for publishers:
- The publisher receives 80% of the remaining revenue and Lulu receives 20%.
- Ex: A $9.99 book on apple will give you $5.60.
- Qualified publishers can pay a one-time per-title fee, and keep the full 70% of the proceeds received from Apple. Ask your Lulu representative for details.
When and how you are paid from Apple sales:
Will my eBook be available for purchase on the international iBookstores?
Your eBook will be available in the US, UK, Canada, French, and German iBookstores. As Apple allows publishing to additional international iBookstores, your eBook will be automatically added to those iBookstores.
Will I retain all copyrights?
Yes. You retain all copyrights and intellectual property rights to your books.