• Publish
  • >
  • eBooks
  • >
  • How to convert existing trade paperback to ebook?

Reader
robmary

How to convert existing trade paperback to ebook?

I recently published a trade paperback novel with Lulu.  What I'd like to do now is add an ebook version of that same novel.

But I'm uncertain how I go about doing that.

Do I start a brand-new project?

Or do I revise my existing trade paperback project?

And if I revise my existing trade paperback project, will that affect the trade paperback?  i.e., Will it change its ISBN, or will it delay the trade paperback being sold at Amazon, or require that a new edition of the trade paperback be sold at Amazon?

I love to write, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at the technical side.   Any help you can give me, so I can get an ebook edition out, is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rob

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: How to convert existing trade paperback to ebook?

Yes, you must create a new project.
Select Publish and then eBooks.
Make sure you spend an hour or so reading the Lulu guide on creating an EPUB from Microsoft Word.
A book must be formatted differently for an EPUB to the way formatted for print although the same basic manuscript can be used.
An EPUB will have a new ISBN and will not affect the print book in any way.

Of course if you want a perfect EPUB then take advantage of my publishing service!
Please use plain text.
Author
Cswilson1

Re: How to convert existing trade paperback to ebook?

Simple answer, use Ken. That's what I do....professional, cost effective, headache free.

Chris
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/cswilson1

Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.