Share an idea or suggestion for how to improve the Lulu self-publishing experience. You can also show your support for previous recommendations by assigning a star rating.
You must be a registered member of the Lulu Community to participate in the Ideas forum. Please review our community forum policies and guidelines before posting.
If you can't find what you are looking for in our knowledge base or community forums, please visit our Support Page to email our Lulu Support Staff.
You guys could make a calendar template that allows more changes, such as changing month names, weekday names and dates. I've been trying to figure out how to make a hebrew/jewish calendar and have a lot of people who would readily buy.
There are a lot of different calendars out there, and no "make your own calendar" site that has an alternate calendar option. The market is wide open for this sort of thing and there are plenty of people who would buy.
I think it would be a great advance on your company to be able to do and advertize something like this!
I would like to add to Ulwencreutz on Ideas about the calenders 04-29-2010 04:59 AM.
- I am planning to create LULU Calendars in many languages: firstly Scandinavian languages and Persian/Arabic. Support for Week names in many languages are needed - a solution would be to have the Week names "blank" so we could fill in any Week names.
- So - how about 2-in-1-calendar? Let us say I would have the Badí‘ calendar or Bahá'í Calendar (primary calendar) and the Gregorian calendar (secondary)? Or a Multi Faith Calendar: Jewish/Gregorian or Muslim/Gregorian calendar?
- One solution is to have two rows for Week names and an empty matrix of 5 x 7 days (gives 35 days) and two fields for each day where I manually can fill in the primary/secondary calendar. (the Bahá'i, Buddhist, Chinese, Jewish, Gregorian and Muslim calendars would fit in a 5 x 7 day matrix).
- The primary calendar should have another font size option. (se example under)
- If it is not possible to make empty matrix (5 x 7 days) with fields for primary/secondary calendars we should have an option to insert our own images (from Photoshop/InDesign etc). Then guidelines and templates would be necessary.
- The minimum and maximum font size and font attributes shold be specified for a 2-in-1-calendar.
- Also graphical symbols could be added for marking Holy Days or marking Observances.
- I understand that there will be limited space for writing down events, but this could be solved with foot notes or a system of shortening words.
Many thanks for having calendars we can make for friends. Your themes have got to be some sort of hold over design from Windows 98, shucks, even that is a compliment. I could not find one calendar theme that I could possibly use, I'm really not a picky person based on what my suggestion is below to improve this section.
Brain fart: how about just plain white? Black? Blue, etc.. I mean, literally nothing is better than what you are offering right now. Trust me on this--your sales will sky rocket. You can still keep the themes, i'm sure some people love them--no offense people. However, if you want a project with your own art work and photographs to sell on calendars--how do any of your existing themes work? At best they're boy/girl calendars for babies (cute) at worst their some sort of faux art deco 1980s trip.
Okay, that's it for now. Get on it and let me know if you can install a feature as "no theme" and I'll make a calendar, promise. Until then I'm just going to sit over here and pout.