Reader
coopstar

Re: Uploading via FTP does not work!!

I've uploaded a validated epub file ok with Transmit, but lulu rejected it because of File Permission setting errors. Anyone else had this? All my files are set to read/write
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Try using Ipswitch as your FTP client. It's a superior product.

If anyone is stucuk on a deadline email me the file and I'll do it for you.

Please use plain text.
Editor
NickPopio

If that doesn't work, then I would recommend using our Support page. There you can find our Live Chat and Email Support options. Our customer service team currently has an 88% satisfaction rate, so you know you're in good hands!

---------------------------------------
Nick Popio
Community Architect - Inside the mind of a Community Manager
Please use plain text.
Reader
robertphillips

everything always crashes, this is getting really annnnnnoying.

is there any other way without being a boffin, to upload what is needed for lulu seeing as just uploading always freezes, if your servers are old then maybe they need updating... if not anyone know alternative sites that are good, if not lulu please solve the problem

Please use plain text.
Reader
ginny9634adam

Please use plain text.
Reader
philgale

After hours uploading using smart ftp got '

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Loaded 319mb of 512.

Now cant connect. Try another FTP I supose. Really hacked of after a sleepless night to be further back in project.

WARNING

Used to really rate lulu, but its about time they sorted fundamentals or they will lose people to places like blurb Etc.

Please use plain text.
Reader
lfrench

So, it sounds like I shouldn't bother with Lulu for this small catalog that I want to print. 

I can't find any of the information that I need on the web site.  The downloaded template folder  provides NO real information and has a link to a page that promises to provide info about onepiece covers - that link only takes me to this forum.  To make matters worse, searching with the term "onepiece" shows no responses at all.

So Lulu is basically a shell company that provides no info and no customer service.  It collects money for allowing people to flounder around, trying to help each other publish their own books by uploading to a site with no technical support or oversight.

Is this a joke?

Please use plain text.
Community Support
ErinW

Hi lfrench,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a difficult time navigating the site. We are always happy to provide help and support; we strive to respond to email support cases within 2-4 business days, but we do occasionally experience high volumes of email requests. You can contact us via live chat as well and chat instantly with a support agent via the support page:

www.lulu.com/support

I would recommend modifying your search on the Connect page to "one-piece", which should pull up a list of articles pertaining to formatting your one-piece cover. Here are a few:

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Cover-Formatting/What-dimensions-should-my-one-piece-wraparound-cover-hav...

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Cover-Formatting/Tips-for-creating-your-one-piece-cover-PDF/ta-p/31513

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Cover-Formatting/Will-my-ISBN-barcode-be-automatically-generated-on-my-on...

http://connect.lulu.com/t5/Discuss/tkbc-p/forums_kb#/?sort_by=score&page=1&restrictionStates=no_filt...

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.