Reader
scamazine

How to format an eBook picture with caption

I am trying to format an eBook that consists primarily of a series of photographs with captions.  Many of the pages will simply be a full-page photograph with a caption.  What is the proper way to format a picture that fills a page and the caption is directly below the picture.   I want to make sure that the caption always appears with the photograph and does not flow over to the next page.

Also, should I insert a page break after each photo if I want that photo to fill the page?

Thanks so much.Example page

Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: How to format an eBook picture with caption

[ Edited ]

I assume by eBook you mean one in EPUB format. In which case the best way is to create it in XHTML with an XHTML file for each page.

Then create paragraph styles for both the images and the captions.

See http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/epubs-for-lulu-a-(idiots)-guide-to-creating-epubs/18781958

Reader
scamazine

Hello Ken:

That link you provided does not seem to work.  I got an error message when I tried to follow it.  I am not familiar with XHTML.   What are my software options for creating the XHTML pages you suggest? 

Professor
Ken Anderson

Apologies - please try again.

Active Link

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.