Reader
LeonaM

How do I fix my epub file?

Hi

I have made my ebook in this way:

Word - saved as pdf - coverted to epub in Calibre - edited TOC and added images in Sigil - imported back into Calibre to check and saved,

When validating on threepress I have a bunch of warnings which is making my epub file invalid.

Does anyone have a link or info on understanding what the warnings mean and how to fix them please?

The main ones I have are:

/OEBPS/toc.ncx(39): assertion failed: different playOrder values for navPoint/navTarget/pageTarget that refer to same target

could not parse OEBPS/Text/Section0002.xhtml: duplicate id: heading_id_5

/OEBPS/toc.ncx(55): 'heading_id_6': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/Section0002.xhtml'

Really looking forward to getting my ebook up online!

Thanks

Leona

Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: How do I fix my epub file?

Try using the oXygen XML editor to examine the contents line by line.

Alterantively copy the YOUR.epub to YOUR.zip and unzip the file to see the component files with text editor.

Reader
LeonaM

Thanks Ken, I can do that in Sigil - and have gone over it again, with some luck!

Now when checked in threepress, my epub doc has been validated!

However, lulu are still not accepting the file; saying that the file has 'permission errors'

I have no idea where to go from here.

What is the next step to take?

Professor
Ken Anderson

Leon,
I've found that Sigil does not necessarily display all the content.

Can you post the content of the toc.ncx for me to look at?

Reader
lparravicini

Hi, today I faced a similar problem when trying to upload my epub. Here's how I fixed.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.