Highlighted
Reader
Accepted Solution

Downloaded Royal Template

I used Lulu some years ago and have returned to revise and republish my books. After deciding on Royal for the size to use I started New Projects and downloaded the Royal template. On my laptop screen  (Using Word 2007) even when I use zoom to 100% the onscreen size does not match the Royal size quoted (15.59 x 23.39 cm).The screen size visible is about 1cm less in width and 2cm less in height.  Some help would be appreciated.

Thank you  from a very Lulu rusty Aitch

Community Moderator

Re: Downloaded Royal Template

Try this template and see if it works better

Reader

Thanks for the prompt response. I downloaded the template and the custom size set was 16.23cm x 24.02cm - still more than the size fstated for Royal. I measured the new image on screen  (at 100% of course ) and there it showed 15.5  x 22,7. To measure I used a standard office ruler and a magnifyer to be as accurate as possible. It rather

I then checked the template on screen for A4. This also appeared to be wrong by something between 0.5cm and 1.9 cm (less than it should ghave been).

To my non-tech mind that points to the laptop giving an incorrect reading  - or my measuring. If that is so should I use the original downloaded template as being correct and go on from there?

Thank you again. I hope this query at least can be sorted.

Regards,

Dorsetaitch.

Bibliophile

If your printer will handle the page size in question, try printing a test page from the template in question.

The reason being aspect ratio on your screen is not going to be 100% in sync with the actual physical size unless you're very lucky.

I have a 21" monitor and at 100% view the image isn't actually the stated size.

Dorsetaitch wrote:

Thanks for the prompt response. I downloaded the template and the custom size set was 16.23cm x 24.02cm - still more than the size fstated for Royal. I measured the new image on screen  (at 100% of course ) and there it showed 15.5  x 22,7. To measure I used a standard office ruler and a magnifyer to be as accurate as possible. It rather

I then checked the template on screen for A4. This also appeared to be wrong by something between 0.5cm and 1.9 cm (less than it should ghave been).

To my non-tech mind that points to the laptop giving an incorrect reading  - or my measuring. If that is so should I use the original downloaded template as being correct and go on from there?

Thank you again. I hope this query at least can be sorted.

Regards,

Dorsetaitch.

R.F.G. Cameron
My Spotlight: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/antiqua_sphinge
Community Moderator

The royal template I attached incorporates the printer bleed as well, so you'll see an extra 0.125" (0.3175 cm) per side for that as well.

16.23 x 24.02 would be the full bleed page size for royal. The measurement we display on the File upload page shows the finished size.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2017 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.