Reader

.12 Garamond Font is too small for 6 x 9?!

Hello, I just ordered a draft copy of my paper back novel which is 6 X 9 and yes I did use the formatting template Lulu provided to make sure everything was okay.

I used .12 size font of Garmond and when the book came in the mail today, the font was ridiculously tiny! It was like a grain of rice! I was so upset because after so much revising, I thought that my book would finally come flawless, but I guess not.

I'm back to editing it on Word 2017, but should I bump my font up to .13, 13.5, or even 14? Any help would be appreciated, please, I'm very confused.

I've attached a picture with how tiny the font is.

Highlighted
Bibliophile

Re: .12 Garamond Font is too small for 6 x 9?!

MelisSenkaya wrote:

Hello, I just ordered a draft copy of my paper back novel which is 6 X 9 and yes I did use the formatting template Lulu provided to make sure everything was okay.

I used .12 size font of Garmond and when the book came in the mail today, the font was ridiculously tiny! It was like a grain of rice! I was so upset because after so much revising, I thought that my book would finally come flawless, but I guess not.

I'm back to editing it on Word 2017, but should I bump my font up to .13, 13.5, or even 14? Any help would be appreciated, please, I'm very confused.

I've attached a picture with how tiny the font is.

You might want to go back and check the layout and make sure that you used 12-point type.. I have always used 12 point Garamond and with success. This gives me roughly 35 lines per 6x9 page. I see that you have nearly 50 lines, which suggests to me that your point size is smaller.

By the bye, after taking a look at your sample page I might suggest that you enlist the aid of an independent editor.

------------------------------------------
About me, my art and my writing

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2017 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.