Professor
kevinlomas

Re: Changes to Creating Downloads of Print Books

Also, they never sold a single copy and that is not my fault.

But Lulu do not sell books. We do, with the aid of Lulu's tools and packages plus our own marketing, mainly our own. So how is it not your fault?

It's the way Lulu was structured before.

How are things different now?

I am looking forward to seeing if any of the print sells, since none of my titles have sold on Lulu for over two years.

YOU have to market them.

Please use plain text.
Author
radvfx

Questions about Ebooks:

I just published my sixth book on Lulu, and I am curious about the new Ebook publishing.

1) I'm having difficulty starting my sixth ebook because I had to delete the frist attempt and start again.  As a result, the ISBN I own and am associating with the book is still listed somwhere in the Lulu database and I cannot complete my ebook publish because a warning claims that the ISBN is associated with another book already listed (that listing has been deleted).  Perhaps the deletion takes some length of time to really clear the system???

2) I see that my first five books which had pdf downloads associated with them have been converted to Ebook (Epub) format downloads now.  Where are those books listed online besides Lulu?  The Ibook store?  Barnes & Noble?  Where else?

Anyway, please help with my new ebook ISBN issue and help with some clarification.

Cheers.

- Jim Hillin

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

you cannot use the same ISBN twice. Simple. But next time please use a New posting. not just tag on to an existing one.

Those 'converted' downloads are not listed anywhere but Lulu and are in fact just the same PDFs relabled and detached from the book. They are not epubs. Most of us have deleted ours.

But next time please use a New posting. not just tag on to an existing one.
Please use plain text.
Author
radvfx

I see that my first five books published here have  had their pdf download version converted to ePub format.  If I provide the ISBNs to you for these new publishes, can they be listed on Amazon, Ibookstore and Barnes and Noble?

I've looked and see that they are not listed on any of these sites so far.  Do you need my books' ISBN number in order to do this?  The numbers were associated with the accounts and they were also in the artwork, but I could provide them seperately, if need be.

Thanks.

- Jim Hillin

PS- Plus, the book I published a year ago (ID $: 11594351) is not yet listed on Amazon.com.  Do these things take a looooong time or something?  Or do I need to request it to occur?

Please use plain text.
Author
radvfx

I don't know what you mean by "Tag On".  The ISBN I am associating with my book is my ISBN that I have registered for this book.  Do I need a seperate ISBN for the Ebook publish?  That seems extreme, but let me know if that is the case.

- Jim

Please use plain text.
Author
radvfx

Not "epubs?"  And yet, that is exactly what the Lulu listing says it is.

??? Confused.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

You deleted the book you had associated with the ISBN, you cannot use the same ISBN with another book.

If you had PDF download versions of your books they have been detached from the printed version and called e-books, but that does not mean they are epubs, have a look to check.

If you want your e-books distributed you have to create them as epubs with ISBNs.
Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.