Not every print book size and format qualifies for distribution. For a complete list of distribution eligible formats, see What Products are Eligible for Retail Distribution?
To ensure your print book is listed on retail sites as swiftly as possible, be sure to carefully review all distribution requirements.
- Your manuscript must comply with Lulu’s Mandatory Distribution Requirements
- Upload your manuscript making sure to include the ISBN on the copyright page.
- If you designed a one-piece cover, make sure you added the barcode to the back cover.
- Log into your Lulu account and go to My Projects.
- Click the Manage button next to your book's title.
- Review and select from the available distribution options, accept the terms and conditions, and click I Agree.
- While logged into your Lulu account, purchase the most recently published version of your book from either the Lulu Marketplace or from the My Projects page. This will serve as your proof copy.
- After receiving and carefully reviewing the proof copy of your book, you can click on the book title on the My Projects page and
Approve the book for sale and proceed to Step 8
Deny the book and proceed to Step 7.
- Make revisions and upload the new manuscript and / or cover. Return to Step 2. For more information about making edits, see How do I make changes before approving my book?
- Lulu personnel and distribution printers, will review your book to ensure it meets all distribution requirements.
- If your book is rejected for not meeting distribution requirements, you will be notified by email that the book must be revised.
- If your book meets all distribution requirements, it will be passed along to the retail sites associated with your distribution package. Please note that online booksellers update their databases monthly. Therefore it could take approximately 6-8 weeks for your book to be listed for sale on these retail sites.
If your book is revised or rejected prior to distribution, the process starts over at step 2. For more information about revising an approved version of your book, see How do I make changes after approving my book?