Reader
mommytolhe

Distribution Question

This is my first publication and I am a little confused with the amount of info on the site.  What is the best way to get my paper back onto Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc. I mean how many online sites could it be sold on and what are they and how do I get my book there and then get it noticed?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Re: Distribution Question

The first step is to opt for one of the distrrinution packages.
See this

However all that will do is to put a book into the retail channel.
You have to do the marketing yourself.

Please use plain text.
Author
lotontech

It sounds to me like you will want the "Global Reach" distribution option described at the link Ken provided. And like Ken suggests, your book won't sell merely because it is available through retail channels. In many ways, marketing your book is more difficult and time-consuming than actually writing it.

More tips and tricks in Book Publishing DIY : The Do It Yourself Guide to Print-on-Demand Self-Publishing (Second Edition) at www.lotontech.com/publishing

Please use plain text.
Reader
bayorpig322atyahoodotcom

im having trouble locating this option to buy the global reach package. once revisions are made is this option not available?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

Yes, that option seems to drop out with later version of Lulus software.
I suggest that you Retire the existing project and then create a new one otping for distribution in the preliminary stages of the publishing wizard. You will be able to use the files that you've already uploaded.

Unless Nick can perhaps offer a solution.

Please use plain text.
Editor
NickPopio

Ken and Tony are absolutely right about the distribution options. Thanks to both of you!

bayorpig, what is the content id for your book. I'm not sure if I'll have any solutions, but I can take a quick look for you.
---------------------------------------
Nick Popio
Community Architect - Inside the mind of a Community Manager
Please use plain text.

Lulu is an advocate for global consumer privacy rights, protection and security. Copyright © 2002-2014 Lulu Press, Inc. All Rights Reserved.