08-25-2011 02:49 PM
Does anyone have experience of using these 2 channels and better still one against the other. Also FBA Fulfillment By Amazon which is essentially Marketplace sales shipped by amazon as opposed to myself shipping the books.
I've contacted both of the support teams from Marketplace and Advantage nd they duck the questions and giv eme generic canned responses. I've tried 3 times with the same usless responses.
Here is what I'm trying to establish.
1. Which gives the biggest worldwide exposure. Does Marketplace and Fulfilment By Amazon (FBA) deliver to the same counties as Advantage?
2. I was told that Marketplace listings can only be bought through the new and used link on a product on the Amazon website. Is this true even if I'm the first to 'Add New Product' through a marketplace account. Surely this will be the full listing without the new and used link?
3. Can I list my book through all 3 services: Advantage, Marketplace and FBA to get maximum exposure?
4. Price comparisons, where can I see this or do Amazon keep this information top secret?
I'm looking for answers to these Questions plus any pros and cons of each.
Any info you can give would be greatly appreiated.
P.S. I've had great success and lot of help publishign through CreateSpace.com but now its time to sell the book. And Amazon Advanatge and Amazon Marketplace have prodvided horrible support.
08-25-2011 02:56 PM
04-05-2012 05:55 PM
04-05-2012 05:56 PM
I can only speak for UK Advantage program but be warned its not worth the hassle. Since opening an account and shipping my books in December 2011 the following has become apparent and has happened to me.
- Support In India Only. They do not understand simple English and you will send 10 emails when 1 should suffice.
- No Phone support, its all email to India. If something goes wrong which it did for me, forget any form of recourse.
- They claimed 9 books out of a box of 25 I sent were damaged by the courier. Impossible they were wrapped in plastic shrink wrap inside of a box with a lot of solid packaging. It took them 2 weeks to get me a picture and could not supply a bill of Lading (signed proof of the damage upon receipt from customer). I needed to be alerted to damage within 24 hours to be able to claim from my courier.
- This one is the killer. Long story short I moved printing over to the UK from CreateSpace as it was cheaper, faster and CS errors were at 10% for every order of books. So I had to create a UK only ISBN with LSI. Before I did all this I asked the guys multiple times at Advantage Support that it would be a seamless transition from old ISBN to new. They categorically confirmed on 4 different emails (screen grabs as proof) that all they had to do was update the Product detail page on Amazon.co.uk with the new ISBN.
However they dropped an atom bomb and created a new product page for the new UK Only ISBN and left the other ISBN product page live. I'm now in a situation where Amazon.co.uk have kept the old and now US Only ISBN live and are competing against my UK ISBN. They are buying the US books from CreateSpace at $4.80 and shipping to the UK. They have essentially slapped me out of about £5.00 per book profit. I'm livid!
I was making £7.98 profit per copy with Advantage. RRP of £19.95 less 60%.
The only Pro for me was that I owned the Buy now button, so all sales were mine via Advantage. I still own the Buy now button with my new ISBN but the reputation on the product page is only a week old, the old ISBN had £3K of marketing thrown at it, plus 9 months maturity so it was buzzing.
Make your own conclusions if Amazon Advantage is worth it.