Search:
Go to Lulu Help pages
Author
Volutedtales
Accepted Solution

storefront

How the heck do I find, or set up, my storefront?

There are no tabs for it, and the instructions in the knowledge base are incorrect, directing me to find tabs that do not exist.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks, Mark.

Please use plain text.
Proofreader
Schwansongs

Re: storefront

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, the storefront you are trying to reach is no longer in service.  The new number is... under the "My Lulu" tab, called "My Author Spotlight". :-)

Apparently Lulu changed from a "storefront" web setup to the new "Author Spotlight" setup, which you can create instead.  I think if you search the fora and KnowledgeBase areas for "Author Spotlight" you'll get more info, but the above tongue-in-cheek answer hopefully helps.

ttfn,

Eduard

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

It must be for recentish members because it still says My Storefront on my My Lulu. Odd ...
Why they changed it I have no idea! To stop members thinking they are shops perhaps? ;-)
Please use plain text.
Proofreader
BryceCampbellsbooks

I think that is the case too.  The place that lists all my books is still called a storefront and there is no Author Spotlight listed in "My Lulu", but it is apparently a downgrade from the old storefront, according to what I see here on Lulu.

to see my works, please visit

my storefront
Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

You could be right Bryce. To be honest I only look at it to see if it is still there and updates my new content! Because Lulu's site is so slow I now use my own site with links to the pages on Lulu that have my individual Previews etc on.

http://www.kevinlomas.net/

Please use plain text.
Proofreader
BryceCampbellsbooks

[ Edited ]

Lulu has kind of gone quickly for listing things for me, but I don't really rely just on Lulu.  I think you have an interesting idea, Kevin. As for me, I try to put up a preview of the current draft on my site and once it is available, I create a page for the book and list all the places it can be found, with lulu getting a link to my storefront and everywhere else essentially gets a direct link to where it could be purchased.

to see my works, please visit

my storefront
Please use plain text.
Author
Volutedtales

Thanks for replying guys.

I looked at lulu a couple of years back and the storefront was there back then, but it's disappeared now, even tho I reactivated the old account with a new password last night.  The storefront I set up briefly back then has disappeared.  There's also no spotlight anywhere on my displays, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks anyway.

Please use plain text.
Professor
kevinlomas

Try to Revise some of your projects, it may turn it back on
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ken Anderson

[ Edited ]

I explained how to this some time ago - search and you may find .

If not I'll have a look myself later when I've trawled all todays posts.

I suggest that you convert your old Storefront in to one the new Spotlights and then edit that as you wish.

From the your My Lulu page enter the following URL in your browser window
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/newauthor/
This will then create a new Spotlight for you. Once you have finished editing it then return to your My Lulu page and the name and link to the old Storefront will have been replaced with the new Spotlight.

Please use plain text.
Author
Volutedtales

Thanks Kevin. 

I thought it might be a system where it doesn't show the link until you first have a book published and for sale anyway, so figured to try that and see if it showed up.

The problem with doing that now is the site is being refusenik and wont load the 'my projects' page, and gives a permanent error message when I hit 'revise'.

Dashboard, my account, my revenue and my order all load okay, but my projects just offers a blank page/white browser screen, and my files is still spinning its wheels as I'm typing this on another window and watching it spin and spin.  There are clearly bugs/problems here, and hugely slow load times with lulu.  I just went and checked several other sites and they're loading fine, so it's not my machine or infrastructure, just lulu.

If I can't access my projects to do work, then createspace, smashwords or even museitup are looking better by the minute.  I'm busy and have deadlines, I don't have the time for this nonsense.

And the my files load is still spinning...

Thanks for trying anyway, Kevin, but I have to move on to somewhere that works.  I need to get this out there today or tomorrow, not in a few weeks after butting my head against bugs and support guys :smileyhappy:

Thanks again, I might look back at lulu later, when I have time to jump thru the hoops :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

(still spinning... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.